• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• WAS UPTON AN UPGRADE??
  • 1/24/13
  • 58pwrhtr

I wouldnt even go that far.

Prado and Bourne > Upton and Upton. I really dont get the Braves love fest for the Uptons. BJ Upton is a total slug and will turn into a bigger one now that he got paid. Justin is good, would have been great on the Mets, but I dont get why the Braves who already have 3 big bopping strikeout machines wanted him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> He is talented but that talent has its limites and Im not sure playing with his brother will make the difference the park does.

He was a pretty highly rated prospect. Maybe he has a 2009 or 2011 season. He's very happy to be with the Braves. Sports is like 85% mental.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
True true. But I dont think the Braves are better today, They may be better for 2014 and so on.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> True true. But I dont think the Braves are better today, They may be better for 2014 and so on.

I'm not sure Upton makes them any better by himself. Losing Prado hurt. His brother is another story. One thing is for sure. Defensively they may have the best outfield in MLB.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
Defensively yes.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> Defensively yes.

The outfield is going to be something. What I worry about in getting Bourn is that he gave the Braves nothing with the bat in the 2nd half last season. The ist half he had a great year.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • JamesHetfi3ld
Bourn finished last season with a 6.0 WAR, good for 7th in the entire NL... Clearly he was doing something well.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
Im sure he will be fine though, He can steal and brings speed to a lineup that needs it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> Bourn finished last season with a 6.0 WAR, good for 7th in the entire NL... Clearly he was doing something well.

All his hitting stats from the 1st half went down in the 2nd half. He hit close to .90 less in the 2nd half than he did in the 1st. half. OBP went from 366 to 325. As you say that's his 6.0 war is over the whole season. He had a great 1st half which is no small part of the 6.0 war.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> Im sure he will be fine though, He can steal and brings speed to a lineup that needs it.

Losing Bourn the Braves needed to add speed. Their team speed is better than last year with the two Uptons. Too bad one of them can't carry McCann and Freeman when they run to first.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • KB24NYM
Wright basically had as bad of a drop off
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
HA HA Just pictured that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> Wright basically had as bad of a drop off

Very true.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> HA HA Just pictured that.

It would be funny. Both Uptons would be on the DL in a week due to a bad back.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • saztastic2012
Both uptons on the DL would be much to the delite of Met fans LOL
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/24/13
  • metrebel

>> Both uptons on the DL would be much to the delite of Met fans LOL

LOL Mets fan sure would be. Too bad the Uptons carrying McCann and Freeman on their backs is against the rules. It would be a sight.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/24/13
  • gomets66
prado and delgado were the centerpieces of the deal. none of the other brave prospects in deal were in their top 10. braves really took no hit on their farm system in this deal.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • saztastic2012
Maybe they can do a pre game race:>)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/25/13
  • bucknerismyhero
What is being overlooked in this trade is the dynamic of playing next to his brother. I do not know these guys personally so I cannot speak too much into the psychology here, but it would not surprise me one bit if playing next to each other doesn't bring out the best in each. You never want to look worse than your brother...
  • Reply to this Message
Message 547796.42 was deleted