• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Beltrans better days are over
  • To:All
  • 2/9/13
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...here was the original post for this thread...this is just for laughs...
"I get a kick of some people herewho think that beltranis the savior of the mets. The guy has Osteoarthritisit dont matterif he has 10 operationshe will still be damaged goods. He is 32 years old going on 50with these knees.
Do you realy expect himto come back and hit for averageand be the defenderthat he once was?"
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/9/13
  • RobfromLI
Did you really dig this up just to bash Beltran?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/9/13
  • Ultimate_Lou2013
...no, to bash the original poster...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/9/13
  • KB24NYM
Pretty cool to see a post of mine from over three years ago, lol, I enjoyed this.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/9/13
  • _BigNick
Remember that Phillies fan who use to follow everyone's Beltran's threads and never stop mentioning his knee condition? 151 games last year, hopefully a future HOFer as a Met, one of my favorites.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • capicu76
Bump...Best CF'er of over the last over the last 15 years. I miss the talent and class he brought to this club.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • capicu76
Forgot to mention his baseball academy in Puerto Rico is starting to churn out some promising ML prospects and keeping the national pastime alive there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • capicu76
One day it will happen to your Golden Boy, who wasn't half the player Beltran was in his prime.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 455332.31 was deleted
  • 2/11/13
  • govmule72

"Beltran was the best player in every aspect of the game the Mets ever had"

Hard to believe, but true. Straw could have been, but wasn't.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • Gepett0

in 2006, that is true

but sans-2006, that honor goes to wright...sorry....

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • Gepett0
that said, overall he is still at the very top
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • Bowser
But the best hitter the Mets ever had was Piazza, dude could change the outcome of a game like no other player I've seen.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • JamesHetfi3ld

It absolutely does not.

Beltran played a spectacular CF, and could steal more bases as well... The only thing Wright had him in was BA.

Edge in WAR goes to Beltran in the time he played here. He absolutely is the most talented player to ever wear the jersey, besides Seaver.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • capicu76

James,

You can't argue with the Golden's Boy's camp. It's useless...You and I both know well what we had in Beltran.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • reinman43
I have to say I threw Beltran under the bus too, during ST of 2011 when he was out with his knee problem I said he will never be near the player that he once was and that he was finished, boy was I wrong, good for Beltran I am happy that he came back and had a very productive 2012.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • Gepett0

when did i say anything negative about beltran? all i am saying is that, if you take away 06, wright has been the bigger contributor to the mets...he came back w/ war as his main argument (something that you yourself hate as a stat) w/o even realizing that, when you take out 06, there isnt much of a war advantage for beltran anyway

don't make me sound ignorant just bc you're too lazy to defend your point...i said beltran was at the top of the list regardless, i just suggested that perhaps he wasnt THE GREATEST positional player in mets history, esp when, at least to pretty much every single baseball expert out there, that honor goes to wright

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/11/13
  • capicu76
We can agree to disagree...I still feel Beltran has been the superior player since 2006. Wright's power inexplicably saw a significant decrease in 2009. He hasn't been the same player since he was in a lineup surrounded by Beltran and Delgado. Beltran has been the better player since he was jettisoned to SF for Wheeler.

Edited 2/11/13   by  capicu76
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 455332.41 through 455332.42 were deleted