• Welcome Guest
Houston Astros

Welcome to the Houston Astros.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Most hated Astro of all time?
  • 6/18/11
  • PAASTROFAN
By the time Omar got to Houston he already had his ring. His stay in Houston lasted as long as his acting career. But for the short time he was here I do remember him hitting a ton of triples.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/18/11
  • Raistlin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Yoda

Joe Morgan and Billy Wagner.
For what could have been and for what it was.
grrrr...

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/18/11
  • unionstation82
Maybe people s*ck Hunsicker's balls because he was GM during some of our most exciting seasons. He put us on the baseball radar by going after players like Johnson, Kent, and Beltran. He got us Moises Alou and found diamonds in the rough like Dan Wheeler, Carl Everett, and Adam Everett. He just knew how to put teams together at the major league level. People give Wade credit for putting the current Phillies together, and that's deservedly so, but the guy isn't as good at regularly putting a major league team together while as the general manager. Sure, he's had some bad luck, but I think we've seen enough of him to consider going in a new direction. Does Hunsicker still get a lot of credit? Sure but I'm a little tired of it as well. Wade gets his criticism, too, but a lot of it is deflected toward McLane being a meddlesome owner. It seems like a cop-out for when he makes mistakes. Funny how a lot of people around here didn't give Purpura the same benefit of the doubt when he was GM, and I wasn't even much of a fan of old Timmy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/18/11
  • unionstation82
Jimy Williams
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/19/11
  • Worldseriesorbust

". I guess the rest of the world didn't get the memo that if you were black and from the Caribbean you just don't count. "

Don't tell that to Torri Hunter, he had a rant about grouping the black latino's with the Blacks. He said something like they weren't real blacks or so.... It's not like we can't tell by names like Rodriguez, Martinez, Ortiz, etc.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/19/11
  • hitmlong
These guys are baseball players, not sociologist.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/19/11
  • thomasj13
Dislike: Jason Jennings, Dave Weathers (i know it was only for a little time in 2004), Brandon Lyon, Derek Bell, Eric Anthony and Charlie Kerfeld
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/19/11
  • Marshall

Joe Morgan hands down.

The sad thing is that it didn't have to be that way. Any problem he had with management could have been forgotten if he hadn't taken every opportunity to trash Houston, whether it was the city, it's weather, it's people or it's baseball team.

I believe most of Houston would have been like me and embraced him as a former star player had he not felt the need to play the victim, loudly and repeatedly.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/19/11
  • Worldseriesorbust

I could not stand him as an announcer for that reason, he got a ring with Cinncy, I don't understand the Hate for Houston.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/19/11
  • StAstrofan

For me it would be Ezekiel Astacio. I hated it every time he touched the mound. Always heard about his "stuff" but never seen it.

Ed Wade: "I hated Chacon. He was such a choker!"

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/19/11
  • unionstation82
Assemble those players under Jimy Williams. It would be interesting.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 6/20/11
  • igot5onit
carlos lee, hands down. 100 million worthless piece of defecation.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/20/11
  • jmccon57
Carloaf Lee. You can't have opinions about this truth.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/20/11
  • sempersmom
My least favorite Astro of all time is Joaquin Andujar. Arrogant jerk.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/20/11
  • unionstation82
Why? What did he do?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/20/11
  • lowlight56
Oh yeah! My father called him "walkin' underwear".
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/11
  • thomasj13
I forgot a recent one, Brian Moehler....At the end of seasons, I would be hopeful it was the last I saw of BM, and they effing FO kept resigning him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/11
  • unionstation82
Everyone kept justifying his signing by saying, "Oh, we need a long reliever just in case." For 3+ million bucks a year? Sometimes, I wondered if a stuffed animal sat in the GM's chair most of the time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/11
  • sempersmom

"Why? What did he do?"

He thought he was God's gift to baseball. He wasn't that good. We were with friends at a game once and her brother worked for the Astros. While we were waiting for him to come out, here comes Andujar asking us if we want his autograph. We were like no, we're waiting for someone. He puffs out his chest and goes to other people asking them if they wanted his autograph. Total idiot.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/21/11
  • sempersmom

"Oh yeah! My father called him "walkin' underwear."

too funny!!!

• Reply to this Message