• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Top prospect = Future Star?
  • 2/5/13
  • _BigNick
"y the way...the point was that just because someone is a TOP prospect, it doesn't nean you're going to be a star. "
Thanks captain obvious. That's why baseball is probabilities and not certainties.

"? It says, that the scouts are often wrong, that it's all gueswork and opinion, and doesn't mean that much"
No. It says your stupid and don't know what any of the things you're talking about mean.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • govmule72

"i also dont get how murphy and tejada are holes. murphy is a solid hitter and tejada well we don't know what we have with him but he has amazing defense. either way there is no way to judge tejada at this point in his career so thats not a hole."

They are not holes. As for Murphy's fielding, it's not like the guy is costing us a bunch of games out there. It's worth the steady bat in the order.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548109.24 was deleted
  • 2/5/13
  • govmule72

"what it pretty much comes down to is if you have a top 50 prospect you have about a 40-50% chance of him being a solid MLB player and we got two in that spot. we had 3 back in 07 ( i think) and they all were busts but that was under omar."

Actually, we have 3 right now.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • govmule72

"By the way...the point was that just because someone is a TOP prospect, it doesn't nean you're going to be a star. If those LESSER prospects turned out to be the better players, what does that say about being a TOP prospect?"

You do realize players move in and out of the top spots, right?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • metsfansince89
well in the top 50 i think we are currently only at 2. synregard (sp) is past 50 i believe
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • MetObserver
Yes #22 was a bust for us but is currently on a ML team and can still work out. But to your point how was 90% of that list total busts? We don't need all stars and no one says all will become all stars only you. You are the one who is saying that prospects have to be all stars or they are total busts. You are actually the funniest poster on this forum. You Go Girl!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • Gepett0

depends on the prospect list

syndergaard has been ranked as high as 29 and as low as 97

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • govmule72

"well in the top 50 i think we are currently only at 2. synregard (sp) is past 50 i believe"

Syndergaard is currently ranked 29th among all prospects, at least according to MLB.com

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2013/

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • metsfansince89
oh it must of been keith law who ranked him super low... wow
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • MetsMan

>>>>>>>About 70% of Baseball America top 100 prospects fail.<<<<<<<

Drink the tainted KoolAid and you be thinking 90% of all prospects turn out to be superstars!!!!! Its all in the KoolAid my friend!!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/5/13
  • teufluck

It's ludicrous to say that 1st rounders are the same as top-prospects.

And honestly, if we can get a guy who can play an average RF and hit .275 with 20 homers for the next 10 years, do you consider that a "Fail"? I don't.

Exactly what is the definition of "Failure" when they say 70% of prospects "Fail" at the ML level?

By trading aging stars for prospects, you're getting longevity, salary relief, and quite possibly better play.

• Reply to this Message