• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Bourn signing imminent
  • 2/12/13
  • alex8686

"where does it say anywhere that the mets agreed with bourn."

Right here: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/mets/post/_/id/60733/of-becomes-clearer-with-bourn-indians-pact

Source: Mets, Bourn had deal structure.

Just like I said. It took a mere 6 days from the time I made this thread to the signing.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsfansince89

let me just make this easy.

in your OP you stated "Mets are about to announce the signing of Bourn. Not sure what's going on with the pick but I assume MLB has ruled it's protected, otherwise the Mets would not have signed him."

you said the mets have signed bourn and we were just waiting on an announcement. the way you stated it, it was clear the draft pick situation was cleared up one way or another. the mets had signed bourn and we either gave up the pick or we didn't. either way the mets had bourn signed. he was a new york met!

but.................... it never happened. you just made it up and hoped you would get lucky and look smart.

you seem to be a decent poster here and post a lot of nice threads but doing this source thing is just weird. i have no idea why you are putting on this act and pretending you have sources. its clear you don't have any. just stop. please

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • alex8686

No, I meant the structure of a deal is in place. I clarified on Feb. 7th because everyone was pouncing on the thread:

* o:metsfansince89
* Feb-7

* Reply to 548121.121

* alex8686

* alex8686

The structure of the deal is in place and agreed to. It's a 4 year deal. They're now just waiting on the draft pick ruling. It's expected MLB will rule the pick is protected. Once that happens, the signing will be announced.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsfansince89

"The structure of the deal is in place and agreed to. It's a 4 year deal. They're now just waiting on the draft pick ruling. It's expected MLB will rule the pick is protected. Once that happens, the signing will be announced."

none of that happened.. there was no ruling. it never got that far.

again, your OP stated the deal was done. he was a met. you are changing your stance on this now and you look really bad

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • alex8686
Oh, whatever. Who cares. I won't give a petty guy like you any info then. You're ruining it for everyone.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • alex8686

Everything in that email is correct buddy. It was a 4 year deal. The structure was in place. They waited on the draft ruling.

The only thing that's wrong that I admit is they ruled the pick isn't protected. The reports coming out that they didn't rule are WRONG. They DID. The Mets got rock solid info there was no way to get the pick protected and they pulled out. Alright?

Now stop being petty about stuff. I'm doing people a favor by relaying inside information.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsfansince89
you don't have info so thats fine
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsfansince89
you stated he was a met! it was imminent. thats all i am saying. it clearly wasn't imminent since hes an indian now. you said everything was done
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsfansince89
whatever i don't really want to argue anymore. i just always see people on message boards claiming ot have sources and 99% of the time its BS. if you have sources it would be nice if you would show us before there are massive rumors swirling around
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • alex8686
Heres more info: The reports coming out that it would take 2-3 weeks to rule on the pick are incorrect. But it doesn't matter, because the Mets got rock solid evidence that MLB was not going to rule it protected anyway. They then pulled out the offer and told Bourn to look elsewhere.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsfansince89
if thats true then we will eventually find this out in a few days or so correct? if MLB did rule against us then i will give you a break but i find it hard to believe that these reports are wrong
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • stearnsy12

with all due respect alex you said in your OP that the Mets would soon announce Bourn's signing and that he was signed to a contract,saying pretty distinctly that you assumed MLB protected the pick or the Mets wouldn't have "signed" him

that was never true obviously,so either your source gave you bad information or,well,we won't go anywhere else with this......

anyway,i think the right thing to do here is just let this fade and walk away

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsfansince89
yeah i mean im not trying to give him a hard time i am just seeing it how it is right now. he stated the deal was done
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • stearnsy12

i have to agree,he said Bourn was signed and the announcement was coming soon...that wasn't the case

i'm not criticizing the guy, maybe he does know someone who knows someone who exaggerated where the Met/Bourn negotiations were at

but at this point going back and trying to defend his OP and saying "i told you so" doesn't sit right

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • saztastic2012
He signed for for for 48 with a vesting option just as I said, Too bad it was not with us:<(
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • MetObserver

And why wouldn't other sources have printed that info about MLB declining the protection of the pick? Wouldn't it be the Mets who would have made that know in order to save face in this deal? Yet not a peep about it.

Please keep you inside information to yourself from now on and you won't look so foolish nor will you have to get dizzy while trying to spin it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsheart
I believe what you said about a deal being in place & waiting to see if pick was protected. Also believe MLB indicated to Mets pick would NOT be protected.

Wondering if MAYBE-POSSIBLY-PERHAPS -- a sign & trade deal between Cleveland & Mets is "Plan B"?

Your sources say anything on that?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • piazzaspstache
Not happening. Look at Cleveland's depth chart. They need Bourn.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsheart
Indians need pitching help MORE!!

Every GM knows pitching's what wins (more than offense). Cleveland giving up ONE of their TWO 3rd rd picks & flipping Bourn for (cheap) major league ready pitching seems like a no-brainer for Indians GM. Just a question of what Indians will be willing to accept from Mets.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/12/13
  • metsheart
Anything from your inside sources on whether there's a sign & trade deal in the works between Cleveland & the Mets for Bourn?
  • Reply to this Message