• Welcome Guest
Cleveland Indians

Welcome to the Cleveland Indians.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Indians will have a tough task tonight
  • 9/17/13
  • xforemanjoe

If it is a low scoring game comparing the KC bullpen against the Indians bullpen that doesn't look promising for the Indians. They have to make this kid work and do their best to get a decent lead before that KC bullpen starts coming into the game. If it is better to start Giambi in a game like last night where coming in he was 0 for 15 against Shields that really shows just how bad Kubel must be sitting on the bench. If Giambi is the DH again I might just not even bother getting my blood pressure up watching the game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/17/13
  • adaree

Its not a must win because as long as we don't get swept we will still be just a half game out of the wild card. Obviously I would love to go 12-0 the rest of the way but realistically 9-3 or 8-4 could very well get us in.

Doesn't matter who you beat really. What matters is your final record.

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/17/13
  • clemson777
We win. Tampa wins. We're the second wild card and just need to close it out.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/17/13
  • MrMcFeely

Given our history with facing unknown guys, I'm betting his "short leash" will last him to the 7th.

CF: Michael Bourn
1B: Nick Swisher
2B: Jason Kipnis
DH: Carlos Santana
LF: Michael Brantley
SS: Asdrubal Cabrera
RF: Ryan Raburn
3B: Lonnie Chisenhall
C: Yan Gomes

If they swapped Raburn with Brantley and Cabrera with Gomes, I'd be more comfortable...

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/17/13
  • xforemanjoe

Well if they lose tonight that puts them one game away from being swept so to me tonight is a must win to make sure they don't get swept. 12 games left and with the way this team has gone into the toilet from time to time with an offense who at any time can go two or three games with only 4 or 5 hits you cannot wait to see what happens down the road. Waiting to see if they lose tonight and then making tomorrows game a must win can be more pressure if they don't win tonight. Houston just had a 4 game winning streak and the Twins have been a problem for the Indians all the way back to the middle of last year so I say tonight is a must win to stay out of the possibility of getting swept and putting one in the win column now because you never know what will happen the rest of the year. Indians have won 12 or 13 in a row against Chicago and when you are on a streak like that you never know when that streak will end and a loss to Chicago and a split in that series could put them in a situation where they HAVE to won 3 out of 4 at Minnesota. I'd rather win tonight and hope for a win tomorrow so it doesn't come down to having to do more then split against the Twins in that last series of the year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/17/13
  • MrMcFeely

Either it's pressure today, or pressure tomorrow, and so far the Indians handle pressure as well as Frosty the Snowman handles life in Hawaii...

I hope they prove me wrong, as they have at times this season.

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/17/13
  • triballife
Anyone else worried about Kluber tonight? Hes given up 11 hits and 4 ERs in his 2 starts since coming back. Im terrified of a shutdown performance by this KC prospect and a subpar Kluber. We honestly need the best of Kluber tonight.. these are literally the last 2 tough games left and its important to take at least 1 to jumpstart the final push these last 2 weeks.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/17/13
  • marlboro42
At this point Raburn should be starting near every game remaining. Despite the fact he is not an every day guy I see no down side to this strategy with 12 games left. I do not care who is pitching as he is a big part of why your still in it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/17/13
  • RoccoBuruffi
All these games for the Indians and the other contenders are crucial. I think it will go down to the last day when the WC fight will finally be decided.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/17/13
  • xjoey420x
I'm not sure if Raburn is healthy enough to play everyday right now. I read that his amount of playing time will be dictated by how he feels each day.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/17/13
  • xforemanjoe

Pressure situations have not been the strong point of this team when the pressure is on especially late in a game they choke. If they fall behind in this game tonight this team is done for the night they cannot recover especially on the road. They have a decent record when they score first and continue to lead in the game when they fall behind they are toast.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/17/13
  • xforemanjoe
Now more then ever it is time to put the best lineup on the field that can help you win before there is no more tomorrow. They cannot simply sit back and think okay we have to let everyone play and if we lose we will get them tomorrow, time is running out. Raburn is in the lineup tonight and I am glad to see that especially with how he just hit in the Chicago series he shouldn't be on the bench unless he is hurting or he goes into a total f*nk. Francona should take his left handed right handed matchups and throw them in the garbage. Just because there is a right handed pitcher on the mound does not mean Giambi should be in the lineup because he hits, and I use that term very loosely, with his .185 batting average. And I cannot even start to imagine Francona's reasoning in starting Giambi last night when they are facing a pitcher that Giambi was 0 for 15 against. They say Francona is a good numbers guy I do not believe that anymore. They say Francona likes to make out his lineup ahead of time like the day before so his players know they are going to play tomorrow WHY? So if over night something changes his mind he doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings because now he thinks they shouldn't be in the lineup??? Where is the advantage of a guy who is 0 for 15 against a pitcher and hitting .185 on the season starting when guys who have hit better against right handed pitching are on the bench?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/18/13
  • adaree
Well look at it this way...after last night, we have 11 games left. Very likely that 8 wins in those 11 games puts us into the playoffs. So we need to go 8-3. Does that make tonight a must win? No, because we still have 3 losses to give before the end of the year. But for every game you lose, you make the remaining games that much closer to "must-win" games. If we were to lose three in a row starting tonight, then basically the final 8 games would be must-win. Every game we win right now takes a tiny bit of pressure off as the season goes. Winning 2 of 3 in KC would be HUGE because then we'd have 3 losses to play with over the final 10 games, with an incredibly easy schedule.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/18/13
  • adaree
Game went pretty much as I hoped it would. Ventura was very good but got out of the game early, and we were able to get to their pen.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/18/13
  • xforemanjoe

I feel tonight is a must win because it would put more room between the Indians and KC and could knock the wind out of KC having to play Texas this weekend. I would rather go back home still needing to go 7 and 3 then 8 and 2 especially with a 4 game series against Houston even though the Indians have won quite a few 4 game series this year at this time of the year it might be a hard thing to do and I am not so sure the Indians can win 3 out of 4 against the Twins. I feel they must win tonight and then the must win 3 out of 4 from Houston. The run they have going against Chicago has been great but Chicago might just come into Cleveland and want to end that run and there could be another loss meaning if they don't win tonight and they lose one to Houston they would have to win all 6 in a row to end the season and that will be hard to do with 4 on the road against the Twins. The remaining schedule might look easy on paper but with so many times including the first few innings of last nights game the Indians offense was looking to be controlled by the Royals pitching I don't want to get to Minnesota and be in a must win 3 out of 4 game situation so they can relax a little before having to play a post season one game playoff. The big thing is the teams competing with the Indians look like whomever gets the other wild card means the Indians will be on the road for that one game playoff.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Michael Bourn activated
Latest by rockycforhalloffame - 8:37 PM
GDT 4/20/14 Easter Sunday
Latest by xforemanjoe - 7:00 PM
OT Jackets playoffs
Latest by cantonguy - 6:48 PM
Encarnacion, Bautista, and the blue jays...
Latest by MagicPuppy - 5:53 PM
Time for a new lineup
Latest by xforemanjoe - 5:22 PM
Power lineup.
Latest by xforemanjoe - 5:22 PM
Aaron Harang
Latest by xforemanjoe - 5:19 PM
GDT - Tigers 04/16/14
Latest by xforemanjoe - 5:39 AM
puppy palooza
Latest by freda93 - 2:00 AM
The result of all this coddling