• Welcome Guest
Chicago Cubs

Welcome to the Chicago Cubs.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Criteria For Joining The True Cub Fan Gang?
  • 9/13/13
  • rhinobucket
You also have to have unrealistic expectations!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/13/13
  • garers

hard, recently Cubphan came down hard on me saying I was lying about Rizzo-he hits to all fields, etc.

I obviously was exaggerating. He DOES hit to left on occasion.

But I still stand by my opinion that when he has his monster, career days, it USUALLY is 80 degrees, wind blowing out, at Wrigley and he gets his 2 homers, 4 for 5 days and he looks like the kid that came up last year.

For the past 3 months, oh for 4 or 1 for 5 has been the norm for him.

Edited 9/13/13   by  garers
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/13/13
  • hardslide

Yeah, I do think youre right for the most part, AR seems to have is bigger days at WF when wind blowing out. But, to be fair, Ive seen him go oppo quite a bit. I think he just has to be smarter about his AB's. Know the situation, know the count, and recognize that there are certain situations to go with the pitch (oppo) and certain times to try to pull and go for a big knock.

I will be anxious to see how he does next season. Not ready to give up on him now, after only his first full season at MLB level.

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/13/13
  • Batman66
There are some who I know are legit Cubs fans and just very disgruntled and then there are some and they know who they are who are not Cubs fans at all .
I have a better understanding of the board now that I found out a lot of people on here are senior citizens and seniors are usually very set in their ways and don't take well to change.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/13/13
  • garers

I'm not really anti-Rizzo, hard.

And I am the first to admit I have been wrong on this board more times than I'd like to admit.

So if Riz comes back and has a terrific year next year I WILL admit I'm wrong and eat some crow.

But it does make me chuckle that some fans are automatically thinking Riz will turn it around just because he came out like gangbusters in 2012.

2014 will be an interesting year.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 424684.26 through 424684.28 were deleted
  • 9/13/13
  • hardslide
Yeah, good post garers. And youre right, the blue coolaid flows uninterrupted when forecasting the upcoming seasons for either AR or SC. These two so-called building blocks and long term contract holders absolutely need to turn things around for next year and moving forward.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 424684.30 through 424684.31 were deleted
  • 9/13/13
  • Batman66

I doubt they were fans.
A fan would have kept them as an outdoor team. That was part of the advantage of playing at home for them back in the day.
Not many teams could handle the frigid weather like they did and it gave them an advantage.

The Metrodome has always been a joke. The only reason I liked it was because it piszed Ditka off so much it would get in his head.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 424684.33 through 424684.35 were deleted
  • 9/13/13
  • garers

I remember 22-year-old Gary Scott, opening day 3rd baseman in 1991 and 92.

This kid had monster offensive totals in double and triple A, great defensive skills.

Even Ron Santo said Scott would be the 3rd baseman for the following 15 years and Ronnie hoped Scott broke all his records.

May 10 or so, 1991-Scott was hitting about .160-sent to triple A.

1992-still April-hitting .100 or so-send to minors and never played ML baseball again.

So, you really DONT know how good a player will be or improve, etc in their major league journey.

But 2014 will be put up or shut up time for both Riz AND Starlin.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 424684.37 through 424684.39 were deleted