• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• According to MLBTR Braves not done with outfield
  • 12/1/12
  • CHOOin2014
It would be very interesting seeing the Upton brothers in the same outfield. Haven't seen that since the Giambi's...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • TheChosen1
I think the Braves FO reads our message boards and steals our ideas!! :)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • metthunder
and Braves are going after OFers Mets should but Braves are signing them
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • nvmets10
Well, that's not good. It's really unfortunate that the Braves and Phillies are also pursuing outfielders in the same offseason we perhaps need them worse than ever before.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545749.6 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12
and the Alou's before them....back in the 60's believe it or not the San Francisco Giants had ALL THREE Alou brothers in the outfield for a few games (Matty,Felipe,and Jesus)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12
those scalawags!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12
honestly we just can't afford them
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12
at this rate we'll be further behind them for the next few years than we were last year
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545749.11 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • Oldfan

With the exception of Upton, those guys would be pretty good for playoff teams, not the Mets.

If the Mets aren't serious about contending next year, I'd just as soon make due with a patchwork CF platoon for the first half and throw den Dekker out there in the 2nd half. I'd rather evaluate some guys than to put Victorino inCF

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12

not sure if Upton is lesser,he's younger and has more power than Bourn and in that bandbox of Citizen's Bank Park he could easily pop 30 hrs

plus they're not done

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12
i believe Matty won a batting title with the Pirates or was very close and Felipe and Jesus were good players and hitters in their own right
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12

i agree with you actually and i've said it very often,it looks like next season is a developmental year for us and it wouldn't matter to me if Den Dekker is our starting centerfielder next season...he's going to be 26 next year has played enough at AA and AAA to either make it at the next level or not

it's just that the teams in front of us appear to be putting more distance between themselves and us as we stay stuck in neutral for the forseeable future

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • thebobymon

We will sign Andres Torres, have no fear.

If we trade it will be with SD for some scrub that is akin to Ryan Church.

Omar had a love affair with Washington's/Montreal's discards, and he turned us into them, and I'm willing to bet Sandy and co. have the same fondness for their old teams scrubs.

Covet what you know.

This is the process we need to move past.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12

Andres Torres?....i DO have fear

SD? are you dissing Nick Hundley?

yeah,i used to say that Omar always took the path of least resistance,the easy way

moves like re-upping Mota,Valentin,Shawn Green,El Duque,Moises Alou,Ollie,Luis Castillo, and others didn't take a lot of imagination and were just sooooo easy

we're still a little stuck in that Inertia Machine,IMO

• Reply to this Message
Message 545749.18 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • thebobymon

>>SD? are you dissing Nick Hundley?<<

Look to the bench, not the everyday players.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12

yeah,yeah SMALL detail of Upton not playing in Philly,lol,don't try to confuse a guy like me who's already confused with the facts!!.....

but i still think Upton over the next few years,being younger,will outperform Bourn and i think that's why the Braves went harder after BJ....no question Bourn would have signed for Upton's contract but i'm sure it was never offered to him

if they do land one of those other FAs or Justin in a trade they'll be tougher still

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • stearnsy12
Hundley might be the kind of bench guy who will start for us if we get him
  • Reply to this Message