• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• The Royals are Insane
  • 12/6/12
  • 86kid

>>>"You are the one who said 'Niese AND Wheeler'.....pretty easy to misunderstand if you say AND instead of or."<<<

That is the way I read it too, but now that read down more into the thread, I see he meant "or"

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • TheChosen1
OK, but then I asked where you heard that the Royals asked for them in the same trade, and you responded 'Rubin'.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • TheChosen1

Alright, as long as it wasn't just me who 'misunderstood'. When people use caps like he did by saying 'AND'....I don't see how anyone could take it any other way.

It's all good though MetsFan723.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • TheChosen1
My mistake man. No hard feelings....off to work now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • 86kid

Yes, it happens. No biggie.

That stuff aside, I am just hoping we can work out some kind of deal for Myers. He is a perfect fit for our needs.

I am not in favor or including Wheeler in any way shape or form though. Nor am I interested in including Niese. I'd prefer keep the pitching blueprint as it is. If all pans out, Wheeler, Harvey and Neise could be great front three for us for the next 5+ years.

It is easier to find good outfielders, than it is to get good front end arms - especially lefties.

If they don't want Dickey, or to expand this into a bigger trade built around Dickey, then I might pass. There are a half dozen other teams out there with top teir prospects.

If we had to part with Neise to get Myers, then I would not be willing to give up more than that. Neise+ would not make sense to me. We really can't afford to give up multiple players.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • AdrianMonk

They'll take Niese + Matz
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • hammr1952
whatever crack they are on is some really bad stuff.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Matt H

I would give up Niese + Flores or Niese + Mejia straight up for Myers, but would only trade Wheeler straight up for Myers. Wheeler's potential right now as a prospect is to lead a rotation, Niese currently does not have that potential or projection, and teams seem to see him as a current #3, with a possibility of being a solid #2 if he continue to pitch like he did last year. Niese is great, but I would take the risk of giving him up for Myers.

I think Sandy would consider giving up Niese for Myers, but I'm sure he is trying to crack the Royals and bring their demands down so he can get more or give up less as possible.

Niese,Flores,Mejia,Justin Turner, cash considerations for Myers, Jorge Bonifacio, David Lough. (I can dream haha)

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • AdrianMonk

The cash considerations have to go to, not from, the Wilpons.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB
There is just no way I trade Niese straight up for Myers let alone Niese PLUS. If we traded Niese, another team would be willing to give us more than just a return of Myers. Niese + Mejia for Myers and Odorizzi I'd consider.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545991.29 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • wrghtknght
They figure they can take advantage of the Mets like they've been able to in years past. Doesn't look like that anymore, and other GMs are confused.....
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545991.31 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • wrghtknght
Problem is, what about the pitching future if you trade Wheeler? If the Mets do that, they'll HAVE to sign Dickey. No sense weakening both the ML rotation and the farm in pitching.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • DFAB
I can see an even Wheeler for Myers swap make sense if somehow the Mets could get a top 10 pitching prospect in return for Dickey...like a Gerrit Cole type for example. So essentially, you are trading Dickey for Myers and replacing Wheeler with someone just as good or better.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • Matt H

Thats why I would want to trade Niese and lets say Mejia or Flores for Myers and then a prospect less rated then Mejia but looks good like Bonifacio.

Myers could play in the majors possibly right out of spring training, and Bonifacio is a possibly 2-3 years out of the way.

If we also include lets say Justin Turner, maybe we can grab David Lough who is 26 and pretty much projected to be a 4th outfielder, but he is supposedly a great fielder, has some decent power and speed. Would not mind having him try out for center field or just be a good bench player for the Met's. Justin Turner would be a player the Royals may be interested in, a good utility type player. I'd give up Murphy, but I wouldn't give up Flores, and would demand Zimmer or Odorizzi with Myers.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • FromTheRedSeats
That's what it would have to take to get him. Did you honestly think the Mets can get Myers by just giving up Dickey? Think again. Myers is the best outfield prospect in the game and the Royals aren't insane for asking that because that is what he's worth.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545991.36 was deleted
  • 12/6/12
  • FromTheRedSeats
So what do you think you have to give up to get him?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/6/12
  • AdrianMonk

Matz plus Cory Vaughn + Darryl Cecciliani sounds fair to me.
  • Reply to this Message