• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• 8 year deal, how disgusting
  • 12/1/12
  • pagan4lf

Very good over his career, but when you need him in a "dire" situation he either K's or pop's up. Was dreadful with RIP in 2006 playoff's and the two collapses in '07 and '08. Not my money though.

Good guy and good cornerstone to re-tool club.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • MetsMan
I don't label incomplete players as good players...Wright is a good first half player, but he has a long history of tanking it in the 2nd half and over the last few years this trend has gotten worse...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • fredhoss
Not sure where you got the stat that he was terrible in 07 and 08 during the collapses because he hit for a very high average in Sept both years. His BA with RISP wasn't good for the season but I don't know what it was in Sept. Can you provide some backup?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545724.21 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • DFAB
Wright could hit .350 with 37 hrs and 130 rbis next season and they would STILL complain...
  • Reply to this Message
Message 545724.23 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • MetsMan
For the last three seasons, Wright has averaged 18hrs 82 rbi and 290 ba... Yet you are projecting numbers he's never hit...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • MetsMan
That was how many years ago? Since then Wright has been a one man collapsible tent..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • KLake409

That's why I'd bring the fences in 5 more feet (then he would hit at least 5 more HRs, I saw him just miss 5 HRs in one week last season), 25HR to 30HR+ looks a lot better than just 20HRs,
it would also help other Mets like : Ike, Duda, Nieuwenhuis, Valdespin, Murphy, etc, hit a few more HRs too, anyway it makes sense.

I'd think it would also help them get more good players coming here (they wouldn't have to worry about becoming another Jason Bay).

Edited 12/1/12   by  KLake409
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • MetsMan
So why is it he only hit 5 hrs in the last two months? Was only playing at home?
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/1/12
  • MetsMan
Barry Bonds played in one of the hardest parks to hit hrs, yet he got it done.... Great players find ways to get it done...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • Moses0507

HAHAHA

Barry bonds?

HAHAHA

• Reply to this Message
Message 545724.30 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • KLake409
Yeah well you just can look at their home and road record
they were like 30 games under .500 at home and a few games over .500 on the road
in the 2nd half so something is definitely different when you get those kind of splits.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • jsmet

So why is it he only hit 5 hrs in the last two months? Was only playing at home?

Dont waste your time arguing with them. They probably come with
Another excuse that he didnt have any hitters infront and behind
Him to protect him lol

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • jsmet

He's part of the new breed NY Mets, clean cut, well spoken, a great guy, can put up decent numbers, but when it comes down to crunch time, you best believe he is going to take off at least a month to be become Captain Whiff, and just like that we are 20 games out of first place<

Thank you I could not have said it any better myself.

• Reply to this Message
Message 545724.34 was deleted
  • 12/1/12
  • KLake409

Why were they 30 games under .500 at home and a few games over .500 on the road in the 2nd half?
That's after 2011 when they were 13 games under .500 at home and 5 games over .500 on the road,
Also remember Ike hit 2/3 of his HRs on the road too.

Bring the fences in 5 more feet (it will help Ike and Wright and maybe a few other Mets like Duda and Nieuwenhuis, Valdespin, Murph, etc).

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/1/12
  • KLake409
Also they had some interesting records at home (not on the road),
like all those consecutive innings of only scoring 1 run or less (almost broke that record)
and then the one about scoring 3 runs or less in consecutive games (they almost broke that record too), but they didn't do that on the road, why?, anyway even if that wasn't true I saw Wright miss hitting 5 or 6 HRs in one week by only about 3 feet each (so if they are paying him so much it makes perfect sense to bring the fences in 5 more feet just for that alone!).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/1/12
  • spydermet
Are you really suggesting that the stadium be redesigned or renovated every year? Do you expect to be taken seriously? They moved the fences in once, and it helped our opponents more than us. Lets not make it worse.
  • Reply to this Message