• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Duda 0-4 with 4 K's
  • 2/24/13
  • gilforhof
Defensively, he is not close to any of them. Thats one tool, speed, not close, thats two tools, and so on. Power, he is better than the rest, granted. He is a one tool player only. I am giving him and them the rest of spring training to see who does what. I'm not the GM or manager, so it means nothing what I think or say, except to me. Its an opinion, like everyone else has.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 548583.18 through 548583.19 were deleted
  • 2/24/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Patience, grasshopper.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • KLake409
Valdespin has such a weak throwing arm I don't see him being a good corner OF (if he could learn to play CF he could be a good CFer some day).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • KLake409
I think Duda is trying too hard, in the second half of 2011 and first half of 2012
he was way more patient at the plate and wouldn't swing at so many breaking balls out of the strike zone (he walked a lot more) now he's swinging at more balls and just trying too hard.

Edited 2/24/13   by  KLake409
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/24/13
  • KLake409
On the other hand if he does start hitting a lot of HR then it's ok to strike out a lot b.c most power hitters do strike out a lot (I remember when I was a kid I saw Reggie Jackson strike out hundreds of times).
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/24/13
  • sb51
Valdespin might be an improvement over Duda but remember last year. Once he got the start for a few games his hitting went south. Give them all 3 weeks, then if no improvement, they have to make changes.
  • Reply to this Message