• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• the dickey centerd trade with texas should be for?
  • 12/10/12
  • 86mex17
I like it, still have devlop a young catcher though. and we dont know if aj would come here either
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 4545_ajd
Mets drafted Plawecki 35th overall last year, I am hoping he will develop and be ready in 2 years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 86mex17
yea and we saw his great numbers, I know it was his first year in pro ball etc.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • 4545_ajd
He was far from terrible, 7 HRs in 216 Abs avg a little low at .250 but had a .345 OBP.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • Lipchitz
I'd personally try and get a package around Mesoraco from Cincinatti.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • AdrianMonk

Olt strikes out too much.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • eastvisitr
Why is everyone hung up on Olt? He hasn't proven he can hit major league pitching and most importantly, we don't know if he can play the outfield. We have an opportunity to build an entirely new outfield and we're going to start with a converted third baseman who can't run? I'll pass.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • edmet
i like olt plus any one of the following that rangers may be willing to give up: alfaro,sardinas,font or l. martin. and i would still try to flip olt in a deal for stanton. keep in mind the fish would likely turn it down now, but if olt proves himself as a hitter, come the trade deadline or even next off season, the fish might be more amenable. then again, if olt hits and handles the outfield well, we simply keep him. i do think with olt and duda in the corners, we should make a run at bourn. darnaud and gose works for me too. if we cant get darnaud or olt, i would consider arencibia,gose AND noah syndegard, but i dont think sandy does that. i also think we should give dickey his ext, but without a no trade, say 2yrs at $12.5m per. that might make him MORE valuable in a trade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • edmet
if we trade murphy, turner and valdespin can play 2nd. if yankees k on youk, i would offer murphy for gardener.

Edited 12/10/12   by  edmet
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • 86kid

>>>"Trading Dickey, in my estimation, would be a catastrophic mistake."<<<

We can finish in 5th place without Dickey.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • 86kid

Alfaro have excellent skill sets, but is too far off.

I would shot for the stars with Texas if I am Sandy. Expand this into a huge trade.

Dickey + some combination of ( Flores/Familia/Mejia/Murphy/Duda)

...for...

Olt + Martin Perez (LHP) + Leonys Martin (CF)

Future rotation:
Wheeler/Perez/Harvey/Niese/Gee

Edited 12/11/12   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • UnderDogs
I think the Mets will keep Dickey and trade Ike Davis to the Astros for Brett Wallace and Tyler Greene.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • DFAB
LOL....explain how that trade helps the Mets in ANY way?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • 86mex17
I was thinking the astros would jump at Ike, but that can still be done if the mets get olt to play first then move Ike, I like davis but anyone can see hes an all or nothing guy big holes in his swing, But 235-250 30-40 hr 90-110 rbi , I think any team would take. maybe not for wallace and greene but maybe.

Edited 12/11/12   by  86mex17
  • Reply to this Message