Message 501062.16 was deleted
  • 2/18/13
  • thagreat1
Good bump
  • Reply to this Message
Message 501062.18 was deleted
  • 2/19/13
  • MetObserver

I liked this part:".i would have liked Crawford,AGon (and Bell) but that was never happening for us (but the Sox made it happen)..."

Funny how things look after we see the future. Much like what happened with Bay or any of the others like Santana, Pedro,etc that some of our fans like to complain about after the fact.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • AdrianMonk

I would have passed. We need more flexibility for deciding on a rotation, and his signing gives us less.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • brianinwi

"I would have passed. We need more flexibility for deciding on a rotation, and his signing gives us less."

Adrian, would you still say that if Alderson's able to flip Marcum for some more prospects at the All-Star break?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • thagreat1
Sorry to butt in but what type of prospects what are we talking about here
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • ExileMetsFan
What was the point of bumping this?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 501062.24 was deleted
  • 2/19/13
  • bmcneely
Now make a post saying you want Stanton!
  • Reply to this Message
Message 501062.26 was deleted
  • 2/19/13
  • AdrianMonk

No, I'd say I was wrong then. I don't think it'll work out that way though.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • ExileMetsFan
Well, it seems like you're trying to call him out, but he didn't say it was impossible or complain.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • stearnsy12
lol,i was looking at that as well and cringing a bit although i would have taken the '11 seasons they had (even if Crawford was off) and at the time i was thinking of adding Crawford and AGon to Reyes,Wright,and Beltran as well as Bay who i didn't know was going to be as bad as he was...at the time may have been the top 1-5 but you're right,how different things look from the '13 vantage
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • stearnsy12
yeah but if i do he'll probably wind up with South African Wombat Fever and be put on the DL right after we get him
  • Reply to this Message
Message 501062.31 was deleted
  • 2/20/13
  • MetObserver
Right now looking back how much financial trouble would our owners be in now if they did that. Wow can you say bankrupt?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • brianinwi

Does it matter? Something's better than nothing.

Say, a young, righthanded outfielder with a good glove and some power potential?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • thagreat1

" Something's better than nothing"

Not necessarily..let's say by all star break Marcum is healthy, has 9 wins sub 3 era and we are in serious contention. If all teams are offering are scrubs we're better off keeping him and riding him out. So no something isn't better than nothing

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • brianinwi

OK, sure, in that scenario, yes you could make an argument for keeping Marcum.

I can't make heads or tails of the new CBA rules with respect to free agents. If he's having a great season, and the Mets offer him a qualifying offer, would they get a draft pick if he signs elsewhere in 2014? Does that depend on how well he does?

On the other hand, if the Mets are out of it, it would seem trading Marcum for something is a relative no-brainer.

• Reply to this Message