• Welcome Guest
Angels

Welcome to the Angels.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Butcher is back!!
  • 11/19/06
  • angelsneverdie
lol, still protecting your arguments above anything else, aren't you stephen? don't you think it's easier to just admit you were wrong about the angels drafting saunders instead kazmir?

Edited 11/19/2006 4:20 pm by angelsneverdie
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/19/06
  • angeloracle
Any pitching coach who could improve Mark Hendrickson the way Butcher did in 2006, before he was traded to the other LA team, has to be taken seriously. Hendrickson with a mid 3.00's ERA halfway through the year?
The same guy who couldn't get anyone out before 2006, unless he wore an Angels' uni?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/19/06
  • angelsneverdie
i doubt his era was anything more than a fluke, his k/bb ratio didn't improve at all.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/19/06
  • runningair2

> Any pitching coach who could improve Mark Hendrickson the way Butcher did in 2006, before he was traded to the other LA
> team, has to be taken seriously. Hendrickson with a mid 3.00's ERA halfway through the year?
> The same guy who couldn't get anyone out before 2006, unless he wore an Angels' uni?

Hendrickson might have done that himself. Who knows?

At least Tampa Bay's pitching didn't take a nose dive under Butcher's leadership. That should count for something.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/19/06
  • charlesangels

I know the one thing I'm interested in seeing, is the AAA players that played for Butcher in 2005. I want to see how they do with the big club.

As much as I like Black, I've always wondered if it's REALLY the move from AAA to majors that made the pitchers look bad, or if it was the pitching coach? Let's see how some of the pitchers who did well in AAA do on the Major Club, if they make it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 5/10/09
  • fa10years

Back in November 2006, one of our resident geniuses wrote:

"lol, still protecting your arguments above anything else, aren't you stephen? don't you think it's easier to just admit you were wrong about the angels drafting saunders instead kazmir?"

I think Joe Saunders answered that question once and for all last night.

Stephen
FutureAngels.com

• Reply to this Message