• Welcome Guest
A's Fan Forum

Welcome to the A's Fan Forum.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Lew Looking For A 5 Year Extension In Oakland! See Letter!
  • 1/18/13
  • esyiam

ok, so i remembered, surprisingly. this is what i got off of the bottles.

Speyside, aged 20yrs. Sherry Cask finish. not sure if Alexander and company mean anything to you guys, and imported by Misa Imports. there was also something on there about Texas, IIRC. that bottle goes for $44.99.

there's also a Macallan, aged 15yrs, also with Alexander and company on the bottle. that goes for $49.99.

not sure if that's a good deal or any better than what you guys are drinking, but thought i'd share that.

both are single malts too, i believe.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • catfish71
That is a good deal for the Macallan. I think the regular price for a 5th of the 15 year old is about $80-90. That 20 year old Speyside might be over $100.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • tenace18

As I'm sure you can imagine, I'm going to be all over that 15 year old Macallan next time I'm at Costco - like maybe later this afternoon! Thanks for the great news. LOL
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • phxmuni

The Kirkland Bourbon is Jim Beam Black.

My research has been duplicated more times than I can remember....

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/18/13
  • esyiam

Good to hear you guys will be able to make use of that! Hahaha.

phxmuni, not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Since i don't really drink and am not familiar with the various liquors, but hoping it's a good thing for you. Up until you wake up the next morning with a pounding headache, yeah?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • flaminpen
I tried the Macallan last week-end, I used to drink Chevas, I had 4 shots with a water chaser and had to ask my grand-daughter to tape the 49er game because I was sinking with the sunset! I still think my Chevas is smooter...but then I have been on that kick a looong time. Mcallan is a "very good" scotch, and I've been drinking scotch all my life...it is an acquired taste, and that taste was there.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • glusv

"My research has been duplicated more times than I can remember..."

Someone has to do it, grueling, repetitive work. :)

Edited 1/18/13   by  glusv
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 1/18/13
  • glusv

Macallan is sweeter than Glenlivet, 12 year Glenlivet usually sells for $32-$34, really good is the 18 year Presentation @$55-60 per bottle. For all my kidding I limit myself to one shot sipped two or three times a week, so a bottle lasts a good while.

"The two best-selling single malt whiskies in the world, The Glenlivet and Glenfiddic, come from
Speyside. Speyside has the greatest number of distilleries of any of the whisky-producing areas of Scotland.
Speyside whiskies can generally be classified as light and grassy (e.g. Glenlivet) or rich and sweet, (e.g. Macallan)." Source: Wikipedia

Flaminpen probably tasted the sweetness in Macallan vs. Chevas.

Edited 1/18/13   by  glusv
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • BeaneBall
AIG should be out of business and all their charming employees on the street.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • glusv
They enjoy full protection politically has does Goldman-Sachs, it's disturbing to think about.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • BeaneBall
It's disgusting enough to realize these <scumbags have maintained their lofty positions at our expense, but even more disgusting to me is the fact that the politicians are so easily bought off. We expect these people to look after our interests and they do everything but.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • flaminpen
There is a ton of duplication in that list, but your message is valid, the only question is would they be willing sponsors, pass out tickets to employees? I just don't think San Jose is that gung-ho on baseball to split their Giant's fan base and be able to support the A's without the Alameda and Contra Costa fan base. Depends on the amount of die-hard fans who will follow the A's to San Jose or Santa Clara county.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • flaminpen
Who the HEII made you an expert on San Jose and Silicon Valley, do you even fathom to know what you're talking about? Everyone knows these companies mentioned are mostly world wide. Some are owned by foreign companies, some are Internet based, some are national, some are local to California.And they wouldn't even exist if they weren't making money, some square foot of space goes for $112, some higher, and very few under $85 for high tech space ANYWHERE in Silicon Valley. I'm sure they could afford a brand new stadium of any size, just like the Niners in Santa Clara. However that doesn't mean poopers if there is no fan base to work with. It would make my travel only 50 miles as opposed to now, as far as you travel to a game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • flaminpen
By the way; the IRS is so far up foreign, off shore bank's asse(t)s that it is getting harder and harder for anyone to find any banks who deals with just an account number and the privacy Swiss banks USED to be known for pertaining to the ownership of those accounts.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/19/13
  • flaminpen
"Smokin"
signed,
Humboldt County
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • rushhead

LOL!

"Smokin'"

Signed,

BOSTON

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • BeaneBall
San Jose has been selling out HP Pavilion for the Sharks for years and I'm sure there were few real hockey fans in San Jose before the Sharks arrived. It seems San Jose residents appreciate having a major league franchise and tend to support it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • flaminpen

You're certainly right about that...however their Giant's AAA franchise doesn't draw well, I have always wondered why. I suppose you have to be more of a baseball fan rather than a franchise fan?

Stan my Man is gone at 92...RIP indeed for him and Charlie Weaver who was 82!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • flaminpen
I consider myself to be a religious person mainly because I come from a long line of ministers and Theological professors...
I just wonder, since both Stan and Earl died on Saturday, did they meet and greet in the Great Beyond?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/20/13
  • BeaneBall
The Giants' AAA franchise is the Fresno Grizzlies (Pacific Coast League). The San Jose Giants are A ball (California League).
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Tough loss, but great trip
Latest by gnandgld - 11:45 AM
C'mon mannn
Latest by repko23 - 9:10 AM
Callaspo at 1st
Latest by gnandgld - 6:53 AM
A's Seek 10 Year Lease In Oakland
Latest by phxmuni - 2:06 AM
Reddick & Sutcliffe
Latest by goAs2014 - Apr-16
Reddick..how much longer?
Latest by svt039 - Apr-16
This really chaps my Glutes!
Latest by catfish71 - Apr-16
Road Trip to date, 5-1 833 Winning %
Daric Barton batting .085 starting at first!
Latest by tenace18 - Apr-16
Happy, but......