• Welcome Guest
St. Louis Cardinals

Welcome to the St. Louis Cardinals.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Gun Control
  • 12/19/12
  • RealFacts
Hand guns are more dangerous than "deadly assault weapons" because they are concealable and a Glock 17 holds 17 rounds with a standard mag. You could walk into a school with 2 Glock 17s, one in each hand, and shoot 34 people before you need to reload.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • sobchaksecurity

can a glock 17 be fitted with a 100 round capacity drum like a bushmaster?

edit: btw, 17 refers to the model type, not the clip capacity.

Edited 12/19/12   by  sobchaksecurity
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • RealFacts
Uh duh, thanks. It still holds 17 rounds, Rotsky.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • calicardsfan
Agreed. But there is a false sense of power when someone holds an a r15. It makes you feel like a soldier. The kids here were shot between 3 and 11 times a piece. Plus a hand gun is much harder to hit targets at a distance without keeping up at the range. I used to be a member of the NRA and fought for gun control. Then I had kids and my view changed. All I keep at home now is a shotgun locked up with the gun and ammo in my safe with no one but me that knows the combination. A shot gun is such a better home defense weapon anyway. There is nothing more menacing than hearing a shoutgun loading. Most home intruders are basic thiefs there for my television. Having an ar15 you have to worry about missing the target and the bullet traveling into your neighbors house killing them. My shotgun with buck shot I do not have to be as accurate and no worries about how far the bullet will travel. I see no reason for assault riffles or high capacity clips. I am fine with concealed carry with 10 round clips. If the shooter went in to the school with just 2 handguns there is a chance that their may be at least 1 more kid alive while he was reloading.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • PhillipsRules
You can get 30 rd clips for a Glock and they are very easy to make fully auto, start by banning all ammo and then all guns.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • sobchaksecurity
or 10, or 13, or 15, or 19.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • Okie4Cards

"Hand guns are more dangerous than "deadly assault weapons" because they are concealable and a Glock 17 holds 17 rounds with a standard mag. You could walk into a school with 2 Glock 17s, one in each hand, and shoot 34 people before you need to reload."

- OK. That's it! You can not participate in anymore gun talk.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • RealFacts
I'll do what I want. Someone needs to fight the 'deadly assault weapon' idiocy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • luvcards53
True, but you might have a helluva time getting that done if there were two fences and armed sentries waiting on you.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • luvcards53
Not a "Theory" it's a fact. Assault weapons are made just for killing people. Wow....Give me one good explanation why that isn't so...Just one.....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • RealFacts

Because you can't sneak an assault weapon into a building. Or how about the FACT that less than 1% of violent crimes are committed with any sort of rifle, period?

Hand guns are much more dangerous. They are easy to conceal, are just as effective at the sort of ranges most mass murders take place, and hold just as much ammo.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • RealFacts
And what the <hell do you think hand guns are for, anyway? No one goes hunting with a Glock 17. Hunting with an AR-15 is much more logical than a Glock.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • luvcards53
Are you serious here, or are you drunk or something? I don't believe I've advocated the carrying of hand guns, either. I merely stated that assault rifles are made for killing only. But since you brought the subject up, semi-automatic pistols are a problem, too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • Okie4Cards
Well, you need too do quite a bit of research without just trying to back up some preconceived conclusion. You need real facts, RealFacts.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • luvcards53
He is not capable of providing real facts now. He hasn't matured to that point. But there is always hope.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • RealFacts

"Well, you need too do quite a bit of research without just trying to back up some preconceived conclusion"

Another vague drive by by Okie. You never have real points.

Fact: less than 1% of violent crimes are committed with rifles.

Please look up Amdahl's law and stop being stupid.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • RealFacts
You are mentally crippled with an incorrect view of history. I'm glad you are well versed in history as presented by Disney, however.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • luvcards53
Wow. Your problem is really more in depth than I imagined at first. In any case, this mindless prattle with you is becoming quite mundane. Back to the point...Society HAS degenerated over the years. One has only to look at the history of things. How many mass killings at schools and churches took place in the 50's 60's or 70's? Or even the 80's? Can you answer that question? It was unheard of in those days.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • RealFacts

"One has only to look at the history of things. How many mass killings at schools and churches took place in the 50's 60's or 70's? Or even the 80's? Can you answer that question? It was unheard of in those days."

LOL, you fail at history.

Let's go through this:

50s, and 60s? Seriously? Have you ever heard of Bombingham?

70's Kent State?

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/national-international/A-History-of-Mass-Shootings-and-Gun-Control-184051431.html

The violent crime rate PEAKED in 1975. You are super well versed in history.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/19/12
  • anheuser6

"I merely stated that assault rifles are made for killing only"

ALL guns are made for killing PERIOD......been that way since they were invented......

be it hunting animals or humans.......that said

you bring up 50's...60's etc....

look around....the kids are barely taught anything nowadays...i remember going hunting in high school before school and my shottie being in my car......it was a simple thing called responsibility.......kids dont have it now.....blame the parents....the teachers and the government......you cant even spank a child now without someone getting involved

not to mention the fact we are the 3rd most populated country in the world....crazy things happen.....

this kid could have made a bomb and done way more damage....

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Slow Starting Cardinals: Who Concerns You Most?
Latest by Mahatma_Gandhi - 9:29 AM
Butler
Latest by _LEFTY_ - 8:24 AM
OT: TV
Latest by danneau - 8:16 AM
THE CUBS IS DEAD!
Latest by MrXray - 1:34 AM
GT: MLB 2014
Latest by jaynovahawk07 - 1:23 AM
GT Win/Loss
Latest by Rajah - 12:29 AM
GT 4/16 Cards vs Brewers