• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• League Source: Pick likely to be protected
  • 2/7/13
  • jets_mets
Comparing human decision to the weather is a bad choice. Likely means probable. Of course things can change but when human opinion is in a certain direction its likely it stays that way. Assuming of course the source is correct.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • gilforhof
You're backing my view... the word assume... ya know what that means .. lets hope it happens. If you're married you'll also know that a likely course changes in a wrong word or a wrong look. Back to .... lets hope it happens. :-)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • hlandrith

The use of statistical terms to express devotion to an opinion has always bugged me.

Probability has mathematical meaning when a ratio of desired outcomes to the total range of possibilities can either be calculated a priori (rolling a “7”) or from repeated sampling (weather data). In these cases terms like “virtually certain” (>99% probability), “extremely likely” (>95%), “very likely” (>90%), and “likely” (>66%) have accepted statistical meaning.

In the context at hand, the tweeter is simply expressing an opinion of his own opinion.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/7/13
  • gilforhof

"In the context at hand, the tweeter is simply expressing an opinion of his own opinion".

Yup, as I was mine. Either/or, I refer back my lets hope it happens.

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Joey Gallo
Latest by thebobymon - 6:52 AM
All Kirk does is swing and miss
Latest by sb51 - 6:51 AM
Duda on pace for 31hr
Latest by joebatboy03 - 6:47 AM
Random Letters Game
Latest by henry715 - 6:46 AM
Musician Name Game
Latest by henry715 - 6:44 AM