• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Dickey trade with toronto should be?
  • 12/10/12
  • edmet
how bout niese and mejjia for darnaud gose and syndegard, sign john lannan for 2 yrs @ $4m per to replace niese keeping in mind wheeler is coming but johan is leaving. i like niese but this seems equitable imo. then give dickey a 2yr $25m ext, remember niese's 5yr 25m will be off books, and santana $25m off books for 2013. give gose a shot at cf and leadoff. noah syndegard may be the hidden gem here.

Edited 12/10/12   by  edmet
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • edmet
how bout niese and mejjia for darnaud,syndegard and gose?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • PrayedforBay
Because they are seeing if a team like the Jays will trade for him first, obviously he would sign with a new team. He wants to extend his contract now. Team control is not an issue.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/10/12
  • edmet
cause mets are cheap. they want young inexpensive players. they have a big stadium debt and have been losing money on mets, tho sny tv station (a separate biz) rakes it in. they should be ok by next yr with the new $25m in nat tv. they also have $20m stadium naming rights bill. you would think a NL team in NY would rake it in, but poor ownership has hurt this franchise. to be fair, they spent (misspent) a lot in the past.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • leaffie

I would have to say Synergaard especially is untouchable, and D'Arnaud, pretty close.

The Jays have already taken a hit on their farm with their trade with the Marlins, and I really doubt they will give up anything other than JPA and maybe Gose. I may be wrong, and I am not saying it is a fair trade for Dickey. Just that if the Jays were willing to give up D'Arnaud I think the deal would already be done.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • leaffie

Well either way, he is signed for next year. If they give him an extension of two years, it seems to me that it is to their advantage. Now they are offering a player that is signed for three years, at a reasonable rate. If they don't want him at the end of next year, they can still trade him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • spydermet

"d arnaud, syndergaad and/or gose for dickey and?--------"

If we have to trade Dickey, How about something along the lines of d arnaud, Bonifacio, Janssens, syndergaad and gose for dickey, Flores, A minor League Outfielder and Danny Muno?

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/11/12
  • spydermet
Based on what the Royals gave up for Shields and Wade, this is comparable starting point for discussions.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • almandareo357
Bring Reyes back.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • DFAB

"I really doubt they will give up anything other than JPA and maybe Gose."

Lol...if that is the case, they aren't getting much of ANYTHING in return.

"Just that if the Jays were willing to give up D'Arnaud I think the deal would already be done."

Not necessarily. If they originally had plans to acquire a pitcher through a certain trade or certain FA signing that is no longer available, they would probably be a little more willing to trade D'Arnaud through desperation.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 12/11/12
  • sinasdf

There is a huge disconnect between the Mets demanding to be compensated for an ace pitcher through prospects and the purported contract offer.

If you ask a lot for an ace, but don't want to pay him like an ace, then how exactly do you feel about him? You lose some credibility.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • 86mex17
done!, but they wouldnt do that. imo
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • 86mex17
again sounds good to me haha , I wish, but they wont do that , better luck getting that through if you added neise in that deal.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/11/12
  • 86mex17
yea but they poor wilpons cant afford him, .......unreal
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • 4545_ajd

"I would have to say Synergaard especially is untouchable, and D'Arnaud, pretty close."

I guess they weren't that untouchable after all.

• Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • gomets66
just need dickey and jays to sign extension. they have till 1pm tuesday.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 12/16/12
  • leaffie

Well did that make you feel better? Nothing like a smug poster.

I will admit, I am shocked, but trust that AA knows what he is doing. And since the trade is still not official, I will with hold any comments.

• Reply to this Message