• Welcome Guest
New York Yankees

Welcome to the New York Yankees.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Best for AROD and Yankees..wait for Ruling
  • 7/25/13
It would be nice for the Yankees to know what they will be dealing with. If it is an appeal situation the team can move forward with ARod for probably the rest of the season. If MLB has such a massive case against ARod that they are actually looking at banning him it could be lawyers holding things up. It could be the turtle-snail known as Bud Selig moving at his typical statue-like pace. Who knows for sure, but it would be great to end this drama sooner rather than later.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/25/13
I'm fairly certain that no franchise can keep a player from the active roster if he's completed his rehab assignment. Attempting to do that would cause the Union to get involved and that would involve even more bad PR. I see by tonight's POST that they now have a plan that centers around AUG 1. The Yankees are smart enough to know that absent any plea bargain that AROD will suit up in pinstripes this year. Their only option, if they don't with that to occur is to pay him and give him his unconditional release. All he's interested in is the money as he knows there is no legacy and no HOF for him. So basically he has no incentive whatever to make any deal with his declared arch enemy Alan H Bud Sillypants Selig.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/25/13
Couldn't ARod file a grievance if he feels he has a case?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/25/13
good points!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 7/25/13

Absolutely. Step 1 is what MLB thinks it is going to do, Step 2 is Arod appeals. Step 3 is arbitration and I suspect after that the lawyers get heavily involved and it goes to court. Arod is attempting to force the hand of the Yankees as well as MLB right now. Someone here thinks that he isn't getting paid which is totally false. Until this case is finally adjudicated he will continue to be paid and that ultimately is what this is all about .... the Benjamin's.

• Reply to this Message