• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Has Tejada reported to camp yet?
  • 2/9/13
  • 4545_ajd
I guess he arrived the other day and officially reported today.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548147.11 was deleted
  • 2/9/13
  • KB24NYM
I'm sure he'll swipe a could more but not too many...he's just not very fast, unfortunately.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/9/13
  • danthemetfan
If you learn how to read pitchers, base stealing becomes more about technique and know how than pure speed. Many of these guys are really fast. Reyes has always relied more on just speed than technique. JR faltered a little when Rickey tried to give him proper tutelage. Also, that first step (which reyes does do a great job off) is as important as over all speed.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548147.14 was deleted
  • 2/9/13
  • ewok54
Until a late season slump, probably wore down, he was hitting something like .318 with a .360 OBP. For a 22 year old rookie, with more range than Reyes, he has the potential to be pretty special. Adding a few more stolen bases and he starts profiling as a first rate leadoff or #2 hitter. Also, showed a skill for hitting n big spots. I wouldn't be surprised if he continues to develop, if fans forget "What his Name"?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/9/13
  • thebobymon
Maybe we can move second base in a little bit for him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/9/13
  • 86kid
I hope so.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/10/13
  • Gepett0

hes swiped around 20 before in the minors (18 & 19 if im not mistaken)

granted, its easier in the minors but clearly he's not exactly SLOW....if he learns how and when to steal, he can probably snag around 10-15 a year, which is totally acceptable

• Reply to this Message