• Welcome Guest
Los Angeles Dodgers

Welcome to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Money can build a great team but it can't buy chemistry
  • 9/6/12
  • guitarbilly
I'm not saying he new owners should have done anything differently. They needed to show that are committed to putting a championship level team on the field they have done that. A lot people thought after the big deal that was it we had it all wrapped up. Everybody was talking about the west coast Yankees and all that. It doesn't work that way. It a new team. It jells when it jells. If they can jell tomorrow in San Francisco we can still win this thing. The ring doesn't go to the team with the highest payroll. It goes to the team that wins on the last day. It is what it is. I'm just tellin' ya. :l)
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 9/6/12
  • dustwyrm

Well there's no better opportunity than now to sweep the gnats. Two of their worst pitchers. It can be done.

Licencum v Beckett
Cain v Capuano
Zito v Kershaw

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • dodgernut1
This is one of the most intelligent, enjoyable, insightful discussions I have seen on this board in a long time. Every point made has merit and after watching and playing and coaching and managing the game for the last 55 years as a Dodger fan I agree with your conclusion. The thing that makes this a great game is that ANYONE can win. Throw in the unpredictable bounce of the ball or the location of a round ball hitting a round bat and anything can happen no one has control over. Finally the judgement call of an umpire can change the outcome of a game. So when statements made so absolutely that the manager, or chemistry, or one play, or player determines the outcome of the game after 27 outs is not understanding the game IMHO.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 9/6/12
  • raythedodger
hey guys, can we let these guys have one pre season together before we brand them a failure? There are alot of changes that have happened and though it appears as if they are all getting along, I rreally think they need time to gel. I also think they need a better manager and hitting coach. Trust me, this team will be great next year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • guitarbilly
Boy you said a mouth full. I used to pour over the book after the game, win or lose, looking for the BIG moment that determined the outcome. After a few years I realized that the 'big' moment starts with the first pitch and ends with the last out.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • guitarbilly
Nobody is branding anybody. There is still some baseball left. I agree they will be a different team after Camelback next year. But right now we have a Pennant race and if we want to be standing when it is over there are certain things that need to be done and right now we aren't doing them. It is what it is. I'm just tellin' ya. :l)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • lafaninsd5
....or pride, for that matter!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • lafaninsd5

I loved the days when it was almost a given that the Dodgers would have perennial ROY guys coming up to bump out aging veterans.

not a great deal of championships, but at least they had the skillset! The inability to bunt, to hit and run, to know where to throw the ball, to know how to slide.......those things we all learned in Little League....these guys, all of them have been playing organized ball for years. However, watching a guy go up there, and not able to lay down a bunt, or choke up and hit it through a hole.........astounding!

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • lafaninsd5

Well there's no better opportunity than now to sweep the gnats. Two of their worst pitchers. It can be done.

Licencum v Beckett
Cain v Capuano
Zito v Kershaw

which of those three are the worst two?

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • lafaninsd5

Trust me, this team will be great next year.

sniff sniff.....marketing....wait till next year..........good point, however!

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • thinkingblu

"Enough said"

...*thinkingblu rolls eyes

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • DodgerFan67

Great post. I too loved the days when we had the ROY it felt like we were building something special, although we never went to the big dance.

When Harang came up to bunt I told my wife watch he will either strike out or hit into a double play. Once he had two strikes on him why continue to bunt? Why bunt towards third base when the thirds baseman is running in on the play? As a manager I would have him bunt towards first. Was it that hard to see?

I've read many thread how DM should be fired. I'm beginning to agree with those posters. If we have the money lets buy a top notch manager and some pitching. I'm still hoping we make the wild card and do some damage!!! Go Dodgers!!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • raythedodger
The whole premise of this thread is to suggest that money was spent and the Chemistry is lacking. Seems that the original poster feels that the moves made will hurt the team because of a lack of chemistry. I want to see what they do next year before we say that. Even if we go to the playoffs, we will not get very far because we really don't have any solid pitchers behind Beckett and Kershaw and our bullpen is a joke. I hope they make the playoffs but also think next year will be the true test for this team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • raythedodger
LOL! I so wish they were good this year but despite all the moves, we dont have the starting pitching nor the bullpen to get very far in the playoffs. Lets wait until next year and hope that the Giants get eliminated pretty early.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • lafaninsd5
...we can only hope....this teams has TOO much talent to be battling for second place.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • dking4953

**********The ring doesn't go to the team with the highest payroll. It goes to the team that wins on the last day. It is what it is. I'm just tellin' ya. :l) ****************

AMEN !

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • ruebenkinkaide

Agreed, but I've been saying that if you know you have some lingering cancer cells after a full body transfusion, do you just leave it alone (like present course) or do you aggressively look to remove it as quickly as possible in order to fully recover.

The leftover cancer from the McDebt era is Bernie Lomax Colletti and Donnie Dum Dum.

Maybe you take out other pieces as well but at least remove the last lingering cancer cells of this club especially since we now can afford to do so.

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • hunteralan

***Licencum v Beckett
Cain v Capuano
Zito v Kershaw

which of those three are the worst two?***

Really . . . . you have to ASK that question?

• Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • guitarbilly
We bought the horses. Now they have to learn to run together. That all I'm saying. It is what it is. :l)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 9/6/12
  • guitarbilly
I didn't see Colletti walk any lead off hitter last night.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
Pujols Hits 500th
Latest by fromcal - 2:27 AM
2013-14 Los Angeles Kings Hockey
Latest by fromcal - 2:23 AM
Philadelphia @ Dodgers 4/22/14
Latest by fromcal - 2:22 AM
Puig trade
Latest by koreman1 - 2:22 AM
Platoon that speedster
Latest by koreman1 - 2:18 AM
Fat Cats.....
Latest by billynono - 2:17 AM
we need a trade
Latest by koreman1 - 2:17 AM
good team but...
Latest by AprilThruSeptember - 2:13 AM
2013-2014 Los Angeles Kings Thread ( Official)
Latest by bluebluddd - 2:13 AM
Still DDF
Latest by bluebluddd - 2:11 AM