• Welcome Guest
Washington Nationals

Welcome to the Washington Nationals.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• FP Santangelo
  • To:All
  • 6/9/12
  • cowboy5305
Can anyone tell this guy that color analyst are suppose to be funny? I don't need his opinion on what every player/coach/umpire is thinking/wishing/will do in every situation. I enjoy watching the game unfold. Can anyone get him to listen to any other broadcast and then listen to himself? I assume that Mike Rizzo doesn't listen to this broadcast, because anyone who understands even the most basic level of baseball hates listening to this guy repeat himself night after night for two years. We watch every game, we have to turn down the volume to get past FP. Really annoying, he's more of a pre/post game guy, clearly didn't get the memo on what "color analyst" really means, thinks he is supposed to "teach" constantly. enough. Thanks for listening.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/9/12
  • richmindc

FP does a very good job as a color analyst

By definition a color analyst is supposed to impart his wisdom and knowledge to fans. His job is NOT to be a stand up comedian and entertain

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/9/12
  • BuckyHarris
Been listening to NESN these past two games (Direct TV blacks-out MASN for Sox games in New England). Believe me, F.P. will be welcome when we get him back.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/9/12
  • rileyn
I think FP does a great job. Very entertaining and I enjoy hearing his perspective.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • lizardanna
We're FP fans. He and Bob crack me up! LOVE them!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • CeeNats

Ditto. I'm starting to enjoy all the F.P.-isms.

"Are you kiddin' me???"

"What do I mean by that....?"

"I think if you were to ask so and so, he wants that one back."

His overall enthusiasm for the game, this team and his job are infectious.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • SonOfJack
I agree. I love F.P.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • richmindc
lets not forget There goes the no hitter
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • nats4tommy
FP is pretty money. Needs to cut back his quantity a bit. Overall an 8.5 out of 10.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • natsskinscaps
Couldn't disagree with you more. FP has been a welcome change from the past color guys, particularly Dibble (who I liked at the time, but who in hindsight was a tone-deaf homer). He offers good information from a player's perspective that I can't remember hearing from the people who previously filled his chair. I hope he's with MASN for a long time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • thepwa1
I think F.P. is very good. There have been times that he has called exactly what is about to happen because of his experience. I also think he has a very dry sense of humor that frequently makes me laugh. Not that I thought being funny was a prerequisite for a baseball analyst.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • lizardanna

Yes! There goes the NO HITTER!

And "good ole country fast ball" or "good piece of hittin'"

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • lizardanna

Okay folks, FP just caught a foul ball from the broadcast booth.
He's staying.

(I totally thought Bob was joking when he said FP caught it!!...then they showed it on the replay)

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • steve839
Me too. Would have thought there would have been a noise of some sort.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • DaveBinMD

>>"Would have thought there would have been a noise of some sort."

They've got enough slack in their mic cords so they can stand-up and move around a little bit. There would have been plenty of noise if he hadn't caught it.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • spikescars
Tune into the Phillies and listen to Tom "Ensign Parker" McCarthy and then dial back to Bob and F P and you'll be ok.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • armybrat68

As you might recall, a foul went into the Sox's radio booth yesterday. Since Gameday Audio has a huge lag, I switched over to their radio feed. When the ball came into the booth, it made a racket as it ricocheted a bit.

F.P's mic was either dead or he muted it before he leaned out.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • nosebetter
The day is rapidly approaching when they'll have an ex-National in that role. A former Expo doesn't count. The best analyst they've ever had was Ray Knight - too bad he didn't want to travel.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/10/12
  • jervrady7

I dig both of the guys in the booth. I hate when Nats games air on ESPN or FOX and I have to listen to other dudes call the game. I don't even like it when the Nats play the Orioles and Bob has to split time with.... whoever that other dude is. FP's voice is easy on the ears, he doesn't get caught up in long and seemingly pointless rambles, and to me his commentary is insightful.

I think Dibble was trying to be funny when he was saying Strasburg needed to man up. The comedy thing didn't work out for him too good ;-)

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/11/12
  • montconats

I like F.P.

Brief example, he made me laugh out loud during a May broadcast in which he and Bob were doing an ad for Miller Lite's new Punch Top Cans. I recall F.P. gleefully adding, "they just made it easier to shotgun beers!" Only heard the joke once, though...wonder if MASN/Miller pulled him aside to "get his mind right"? LOL.

In 2012 he's toned down the occasional ultra-long explanations of 2011, and stopped over using certain phrases ("good old fashioned county hardball" is one example, although personally I've always liked that evocative baseball phrase).

Other than 2012's grating habit of mispronouncing "La Roche," I like F.P.

• Reply to this Message