Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Revere to be 4th OF
  • To:All
  • 3/25/12
  • ewen21
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • heatbeat
Well this kind of puts a few things to rest about the Twins and their management. First, that they have so much invested in Revere and they are madly in love with him. Second, that there is no competition in Sprong Training, because the positions are already decided. All that hate towards Gardy and his obsession towards Revere seems a little unwarranted now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • vcvc

Thank god they came to their senses about this. Perhaps I was wrong about Gardy and his Revere love.

Now let's just hope they keep Parmelee and send Butera to Rochester.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • heatbeat
I also thought Revere was a lock for an outfield spot, but thankfully I was wrong.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • righty8383

Seth Stohs touched on this in his blog this morning. He also noted some other interesting things about how the 25 man roster is shaping up...

"A lot of key information has been coming out of Twins camp on Sunday morning. First, Assistant GM Rob Antony appeared as a guest of Sunday Morning Sports Talk on 1500espn with Tom Pelissero and Jim Souhan.

He said many things that I found interesting, but these are the three that stood out most to me:

1.) Maloney and Burton have separated themselves, so it's down to Manship, Burnett, Fien and Waldrop for ONE bullpen spot.
2.) Parmelee has forced his way onto the roster, so it's likely Butera, Towles, Burroughs, Florimon and Revere battling for TWO bench spots. Very interesting in that a.) 3rd catcher isn't a given, and b.) Revere is not a given."

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • heatbeat

So that must means Swarzak must be guaranteed a spot then.

Very interesting stuff, they are really showing a different side.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • ewen21
This is completely out of character for this team. Same with the Nishioka move. I like what I am seeing here. HOwever, it doesn't change what happened in the past. Over the last few years Gardy has run amok pursuing his own agenda. LOoks like TR has pulled in the reigns a bit. Thank God for that. Gardenhire is starting to understand he needs to listen to other people.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • ewen21
They ARE showing a different side and yet you attempted to mock the views of people who criticized the way things had been done the last few STs. I think you need to lighten up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • heatbeat
I am light as a feather ewen...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • autosave15

Very very interesting news. Very good news.

TR is a (much) better talent evaluator than Bill Smith (but so are a lot of us) so it's not unreasonable for him to control what happens with the roster more over gardy.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • ewen21
Are you calling yourself a lightweight?
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 3/25/12
  • vcvc
Bill Smith basically allowed Gardy to run wild these past few seasons.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • heatbeat
Actually I am probably more in the Super Middleweight weight class.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • autosave15
I'm a lightweight.. i hold liquor like a cheese grater holds water.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • autosave15
oh if we're talking weight weight, umm i'll say i'm in the "2 cheeseburgers a day" division.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • pcrnat
I think it was Ryan's decision. I have heard him being interviewed a number of times regarding Revere and each time it has been that Revere wasn't a starter in his eyes.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • heatbeat
Oh were we talking about something else besides weight...whoops
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • autosave15
That'd be my guess.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • ThePuck

it's very good news Revere wont be starting...not exactly sure he should be the 4th OF though...

My ideal 13 position players to break camp would look like this:

my ideal team (position players)

C: Mauer
1B: Parmelee
2B: Carroll
SS: Dozier
3B: Valenica
LF: Willingham
CF: Span
RF: Benson (or swap him to CF and put Span in RF)
DH: Morneau

Bench: Casilla, Plouffe, Hughes, Doumit.

That team will score some runs, play good D, and have decent depth off the bench.

• Reply to this Message
  • 3/25/12
  • royalofbengal

Don't some of you look like idiots now for jumping the gun ? Been saying all along be patient. After a season like last year, things will change but NO !!

BLAH BLAH BLAH !!

• Reply to this Message