• Welcome Guest
Detroit Tigers

Welcome to the Detroit Tigers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• OT: Road Trip
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • DMAN17

Doing a Stadium road trip with my son over the summer. Tor/Det/Clev/Cin and Pitt. Going to Tor through Buffalo but coming back through Detroit. Question on border crossing in Det. Is it quicker through tunnel or over bridge? Want to bring home some local beers from each city. What's best in Detroit? Also, coming from Canada, what am I allowed crossing the border? I think it's one case per person of age. Both really looking forward to this trip. Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Peace!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • rklewis2

I would imagine that the tunnel is quicker.

However, I don't go to Canada all that often.

Also, I don't drink beer, so I'm no help at all in that regard.

Basically, I didn't want you to think you were ignored.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • baseislife

In regard, have fun.

To the crossing, you don't say if you are from Mich, or another state. Make sure ya have all your documentation (birth cert. Passport) The delay that could cause will be a lot more than the diff between taking the bridge or tunnel.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • ToledoFan

<Is it quicker through tunnel or over bridge?>

Jet Ski.

<What's best in Detroit?>

Zug Island Brewery.

<Also, coming from Canada, what am I allowed crossing the border?>

1 male or female Canadian per person. Be sure to have their leashes on and make sure the guards know they are your "pets"

http://s3.amazonaws.com/theoatmeal-img/horrible/card_canadian_pet.jpg

**DISCLAIMER: FrogtowFan is not responsible for any negative consequences of following advice given by FrogtownFan. He is however responsible for any hilarious consequences.

Edited 1/17/13   by  ToledoFan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • CopaMedium

I've been to Zug Island Brewery.
I had their frosted mug, Fire-Charcoal Porter on tap.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • tyger01

<Doing a Stadium road trip with my son over the summer.>

Cool, my son, son-in-law, and myself started one last season. Pittsburgh was the 1st stop. This year, were gonna take in games on a long weekend, Three stadiums is on the schedule. Philly, Washington, and Baltimore.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • CopaMedium
All three are nice ballparks. Get your tickets when they go on sale around March 1st.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • DMAN17

Thanks all for information, humor, etc. This is my third stadium tour and I always look for a little information from the fans of each team. Best source of information. 2 summers ago we did CA/AZ and I can't tell you how much great information I got from those fan bases. Made a great time even better.

Camden is one off my favorite parks so far. Head over to Fells Point (about a mile walk from the park) if you're looking for a few (or many) pubs and have a beer or three. Great area to hang out!

Thanks all!!

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • DMAN17
Check out BASEBALL-ROADTRIP.com. Put in the Stadiums you want to see and it will give you a schedule of when they are all palying around the same time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/17/13
  • tyger01
Thanks DMAN, I appreciate it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • wurmie
My preference was to avoid traffic and use the Blue Water Bridge crossing in Port Huron.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/18/13
  • mcbcon
Sounds cool!
  • Reply to this Message