• Welcome Guest
Detroit Tigers

Welcome to the Detroit Tigers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Deadspin Breaking News - Hoax Revealed???
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • TigerCanuck

97.1 Valenti and Foster show has exploded over this article at Deadspin-dot-com:

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

WOW!!!

Notre Dame is saying he is a victim but that claim doesn't make sense if you read the full story. I have not read this yet but have listened for the last hour on 97.1.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • baseislife

Crazy

I want my fiddy back, that I spent taking ND and the points. :)

Edited 1/16/13   by  baseislife
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • TigerCanuck
This story is just breaking. I hope, for their sake, Deadspin got it right. I see a huge lawsuit in the making if they are wrong. This could affect this kid's getting in to the NFL, at least in the early rounds.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • TigerCanuck
Only a fiddy, not a whole potato chip? ;-)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • granderguy

Well the girl in the pictures of "lennay" is a real alive girl.

This is one of the craziest stories I can remember hearing.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • smacman101
wow, what a crazy story. I have a feeling there is a whole h-ll of a lot tied to this...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • smacman101
He said he talked with her 4 hours on a nightly basis before bed, for me this is where my head scratches. Who the bleep was he talking to for 4 hours a night? No way the guy pulled it off, or paid a girl to play that far into it that she was faking a relationship 4 hours a night. Either this story is bogus, he and the guy have a relationship their hiding, or he was in on it. Either way, a lot more to follow.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • ToledoFan

Let this bd a lesson to everyone.

Dont have any heros. All they do is let you down.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • baseislife
"Kids, if you're in Hawaii, get out in the backyard and tackle Pop, and one day you can get one of these dead girlfriends." Brent Musburger
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • baseislife

So, he doesn't KNOW if he EVEN HAS girlfriend or not ???

Where do I get one of those.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • granderguy

Either...

1) Te'o is in on everything and completely capable of lying to everyone's face

Or

2) He was fine with having a several years long relationship with a girl he never met despite being BMOC and being able to date any girl he wanted.

Manti is the only one who knows which one is true and because 1 is definitely an option I don't see how someone can legitimately believe anything he says.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • a2dave

"Dont have any heros. All they do is let you down."

Or at least don't pin your hopes on a college kid.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • a2dave

"Who the bleep was he talking to for 4 hours a night? No way the guy pulled it off, or paid a girl to play that far into it that she was faking a relationship 4 hours a night."

So after the rest of the story, you chose to accept that he was talking to someone for four hours every night? Would a college student/athlete even have time for that?

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • granderguy
Would a college athlete in the midst of a undefeated and heisman type season at a rigorous academic institute have time for that?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • delandbob
This surely assures that the Lions will make Manti their first round draft choice.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • pup6969
So, went all season while these major news reports going on about his love life and didn't deny them? And, now, today he says it's a misunderstanding and that he got fooled? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • TigerToe
Manti is into dudes....
  • Reply to this Message