• Welcome Guest
Detroit Tigers

Welcome to the Detroit Tigers.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Fantasy Baseball - 2013 Edition
  • To:All
  • 1/16/13
  • bobrob2004
Yes, it's time to think about Fantasy Baseball. Yahoo doesn't open up their leagues until after the Super Bowl, but I think it's time to see who's interested in playing this year.

I'll set up the roto league this year if someone else wants to do a H2H league. I also want to do an auction league if there's enough interest.

I think 12 people is perfect for a fantasy league.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • ToledoFan

I'll be interested in both a Roto league and a H2H league with board members.

Someone has to take you down this year.

: )

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • ericg75

I'm interested in Roto & H2H.

I don't think I'll do the AL only again though.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • baseislife

I am in.

I'd gonna mirror ya this year. I still know I'd have caught ya if I'd realized the no limit on pitched innigs were going to keep me out of reach.

I also have an issue with those that drop after a month. I think the commish (if no objections) should be able to put in players that are AT LEAST not on the DL. (for any participant that isn't active any more) Something like bi-weekly.

I was hating seeing whoever it was having Victor Martinez in their line-up all last year.

So if like someone puts A-Rod in the Roto L-U, and forgets about it, sometime around the 15th of April a replacement would be inserted to give the person inactive a line-up with players that are at least on the diamond.

Just to the drafted players. If the sad sack is unlucky enough to have like 9 players on the DL (like Lliger had last year) then it's the tuff break. No roster should be altered by adding and dropping.

Saying all this now, I know it won't happen. Also, I do vote for an innings limit. Somewhere around 1620. (10 innings per game played per team)

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • tigsfanboi
I'll join the roto league and an auction sounds appealling.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • baseislife
Yeah, though the league (AL in our case) would be fun, once half the league dropped off by not participating it wasn't much anymore.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • baseislife
Auction is tuff, for it is hard to get all 12 here for the actual roto draft. (usually about half are on auto pick)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • tigsfanboi
Ah that's too bad. Any thoughts on a keeper league?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 75542.9 was deleted
  • 1/16/13
  • ericg75
I just thought with the number of people we had, the AL league was difficult to put together a good team. You really had to get lucky with the draft. If a player got hurt or had a bad year, it was tough to replace them during the season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • baseislife

It was
But thats what made it interesting

But when on 5 of 12 "played" made it rough.

<hypo>

I'd trade a Miggy for three guys that played very day, but there weren't enough peeps to bounce deals around.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • bobrob2004
The AL-only league was an experiment on my part to see if I'd like it and it was an utter fail. If I ever do it again, I know now what'll work, but I don't know if I'm going to do it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • baseislife

keepers don't work well, for we have a turnover of 25% or so.

For instance, I haven't seen Lliger around and he was in both leagues last year. I believe that everyone has to keep one, or no one does.

• Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • bobrob2004
Auction drafts usually last about 3 1/2 hours, while a normal draft is less than half of that. That's one downfall of doing one. But I think you can draft a more balanced team by doing one.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • baseislife
I am assuming ya can put a "max bid" on guys that will come up, if you cannot be around ???
(prior to the draft, in a set-up)
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • ericg75
I think it would work with fewer people. Like if we were only able to get 6-8 people for a league, AL only would be the way to go.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • baseislife
maybe an 8 team AL only auction league ???
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • bobrob2004
Yeah, 2 of the major things I'd change from last year's AL-Only is the number of teams and a smaller roster.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 1/16/13
  • smacman101
id be game for h2h live draft.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 75542.20 was deleted