• Welcome Guest
Kansas City Royals

Welcome to the Kansas City Royals.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Berroa traded to Dodgers
Message 34605.1 was deleted
  • 6/6/08
  • alwaysbekc
So how long before the first "why didn't we give him another chance" post? I'll put the over/under at 4 days.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/6/08
  • inningsago
Oh.............way less than that. It'll happen tonight.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/6/08
  • alwaysbekc
You are probably right. I wonder if we are eating all of the contract?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/6/08
  • gapdouble
It don't matter how much we have to pay of his contract. We got something out of him. Whether or not the Juan Rivera is anyone decent or not we will have to wait and see.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 6/6/08
  • daoloth
I think it's good if the Dodgers can find a better use for Berroa than we can. Willingness to make moves is the underlying point, and is pivotal at this point - imho.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/6/08
  • arknatfan
Berroa was really disliked by the time they sent him to AAA ,I remember my buddy and I went to a game vs thepirates a couple years ago andhe got a Berroa shirt at a store for 5 bucks before the game Well Berroa drops a popup in the 1st inning and everbody started giveing my buddy a hard time he had to go buy a different shirt so people would leave him alone
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/6/08
  • inningsago
To be absolutely correct you could say that Berroa was really disliked long before they sent him down.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/6/08
  • inningsago
I agree gapdouble. It would have been a good trade if all we got was a pair of jock straps.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/6/08
  • gapdouble
Or like that one minor leaguer in the independent league. 10 maple bats would have sufficed.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/6/08
  • dannon20
How about a washing machine.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/6/08
  • coach10
It's amazing that the Dodgers traded for Berroa. After all Lung-Hu was hitting.172 and playing good defensively. For the Royals those would be All Star stats for our shortstop.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/6/08
  • teahen2424

9:49pm The LA Daily News is reporting that the Royals are picking all of Berroa's '08 salary.

per mlbtraderumors

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/7/08
  • kcroyals65
Idk guys i was really hoping our scouts would give a good hard look at the newly signed 102 negro leaguer the yankees sign. I guess im just tired of us trying to always go young ha
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/7/08
  • PaulaMarie
It was also reported on the TV news that we got cash plus Juan for him. So if we are picking up his entire 08 salary, then I guess they are kicking in some cash somehow.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 34605.16 was deleted
  • 6/7/08
  • blue4evr

Comparing Berroa to Ted Williams, regardless of the context, is an offense that ought to be punished by forcing the perpetrator to watch the tape of Wednesday's game nonstop for a year straight.

It is intriguing that the Dodgers actually went out and traded for Berroa, so they could make the opposite choice that we have been making all year (Berroa v. a light-hitting but defensively good shortstop). But intriguing is as far as I will go.

If the Dodgers are picking up all of his salary, I don't care if we literally got sunflower seeds in exchange for him. That's a significant chunk of change. By all appearances, the guy we got for him will never make it out of A ball. But I can't say that I care.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/7/08
  • kcunderdog
I'd say it's a great day for Berroa and I doubt he's shedding any tears over leaving KC.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 6/7/08
  • cowhide

Oh sure. He's got another chance to resurrect what's left of his career. He's got to be delighted with that.

But by the same token, I really don't want to hear anything from Berroa --- or anyone else for that matter --- that even hints that he was somehow "mistreated" in KC.

• Reply to this Message
  • 6/7/08
  • kcunderdog
Right you are as usual. He screwed his own head up and management or the lack of had nothing to do with it. ^5
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
*****2014 P4H Results Thread*****
Latest by thebeefster - 2:15 AM
*****Official 2014 Picks 4 Hits Thread*****
Latest by r0yalsgirl - 1:48 AM
2015 Payroll
Latest by royal.pain - 1:01 AM
What Would you Doi ?
Latest by durmonkee - 12:37 AM
4/22 line up
Latest by thatsashot - Apr-22