• Welcome Guest
Philadelphia Phillies

Welcome to the Philadelphia Phillies.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Utley didn't win a Gold Glove
  • To:All
  • 11/10/09
  • nofxrocker

That's if you believe this report out there.

Jeff Fletcher of AOL Fanhouse reports that Orlando Hudson has won a Gold Glove for the National League.
The full list of winners won't be announced until later today, but if Fletcher is correct, this will be Hudson's fourth Gold Glove award. Hudson would win despite being displaced in the Dodgers' starting lineup by Ronnie Belliard. Though advanced defensive metrics suggest that Hudson's defense has begun to decline, the award will make for a nice talking point as he reaches free agency.

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/10/09
  • Frida

"Utley didn't win a Gold Glove"

oh noes!!!!

actually, despite the fact that he certainly didn't look very much like a gold glover in the nlcs, i don't think that orlando hudson was that much better over the course of the season, and he did lose his starting job. but as we all know the gg doesn't always go to the best fielder...

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/10/09
  • cb3cb3
this is a joke. Hudson was replaced by Ronnie Belliard of all people. The gold glove has become a complete joke. I think david wright has two. It seems like the same people win every year for no reason. Its as if its a perpetually renewed reward every year that is automatically given to the previous year's winner.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 85688.4 was deleted
  • 11/10/09
  • ThinkBlueBleedBlue

You don't win Gold Gloves, you lose them. Kind of s*cks, but that's the way it goes.

With Beltran out this year there's an opportunity for Kemp to nab it as well. We'll see.

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 11/10/09
  • sallyann654
Nothing has been officially announced yet. They are announcing the AL Gold Glove at 3 pm EST. per ESPNNews.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 85688.7 was deleted
  • 11/10/09
  • phillygrl8

and we care what you think?

• Reply to this Message
  • 11/10/09
  • phila98

"Utley is not a great defensive player. "

Chase was the best defensive 2nd baseman in the league this year statistically.

• Reply to this Message
Message 85688.10 was deleted
  • 11/10/09
  • phila98
The stats say other wise.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/10/09
  • jtb2008
UZR says otherwise.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/10/09
  • phillygrl8
I personally wont be mad if Utley doesnt win the gg but to possibily lose out to someone who got benched for a decent amount of time is a complete joke..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/10/09
  • Frida
hudson was benched for his stick, not his glove.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/10/09
  • NextYankeeDynasty
I think he is very good in the field, and I cringe every time he comes to the plate against the yankees....
  • Reply to this Message
Message 85688.16 was deleted
  • 11/10/09
  • phytnphan
The reality is that YOU are not that smart. Saying that Moyer is better than Hamels because he has more wins. You should know better. And I saw your comment about HK calling him a bag of bones. You are an assh0le, period.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 11/10/09
  • phytnphan
And you might as well be calling Pujols clueless as well because HE is the one who said that a player should not win MVP unless their team goes to the playoffs. And guess what, last year, when Pujols won, the Cards did not make the playoffs. Maybe he should not have accepted the award since he is going against his own words? Playoffs do not matter IMO.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 85688.19 was deleted
  • 11/10/09
  • MikeH_TSP
The funny thing is the report is probably bogus based on the fact that the NL winners aren't announced until tomorrow. The one thing I truly hate about the MLB awards system. They should just have an award show in Studio 42 on MLB Network. A two hour special.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
4/22/14 Phillies VS Dodgers OFFICIAL GAME THREAD
Latest by mikejack20 - 7:58 AM
OT: New Official Flyers Thread
Latest by fuller12 - 7:50 AM
Jayson Nix can go
Latest by Javacola - 7:19 AM
Papelbon
Latest by oblawyer - 6:53 AM
Clifton Phifer
Latest by bcjello - 6:44 AM