• Welcome Guest
Philadelphia Phillies

Welcome to the Philadelphia Phillies.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• manager in '08? who cares, you all will still want him fired
Message 57656.1 was deleted
  • 10/7/07
  • hesstruck1
Completely agreed. No matter who we have people will hate him.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 10/7/07
  • sellphils

I'm glad you were named to "put us in our place".
I actually said they lost because they couldn't hit. But I'm still not happy with Kendrick getting pulled the other day.

>>>.I'm just saying I think we would be pretty much in the exact same boat with a different manager. <<< ............What does that tell you about the current group of ownership?

• Reply to this Message
Message 57656.4 was deleted
  • 10/7/07
  • danjsport

i agree to a point.

I think Charlie should get a lot of credit for keeping this team fighting, and certainly helped them push to the playoffs. That said, I would love a manager that didn't cost the team 3-6 games a year. He isn't responsible for every loss, but he is certainly responsible for some. The one that continually comes to my mind is the braves game when Roberson was playing too shallow, and let that ball hit off the tip of his glove. A good manager (or bench coach) would have had Roberson playing two or three steps deeper, because a ball over anybody's head was going to end the game.

It's not all on Charlie- but I happen to think Charlie has taken this team as far as he can. I hate when managers make bad decisions, I don't typically hate managers as a whole. Manuel did plenty right- but his plenty wrong, in my opinion, outweighed that.

It boggles my mind when guys like Torree and Cox are bashed. These guys have clearly done it. Manuel has never done it- and I think there are reasons for that.

• Reply to this Message
Messages 57656.6 through 57656.9 were deleted
  • 10/7/07
  • sellphils
You've got to be kidding me. In that case blame Utley for not getting the ball, or blame your boy Pat for his gracefull play in LF that allowed the run to score, or your boy pat for hacking away at the first pitch (bad pitch) when the pitcher was wild and walked two in front of him......... Please.

Edited 10/7/07   by  sellphils
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 57656.11 through 57656.15 were deleted
  • 10/7/07
  • sellphils

>>>We're not here to blame people.<<<

You are the one that said Romero cost them the series, that's not blaming?..and we know Romero isn't the closer.

he was one of the few options that Charlie had to come in a get a few outs down the stretch, did you see any of those games?..Is any one else reading this?

• Reply to this Message
Messages 57656.17 through 57656.18 were deleted