• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Starting to wonder what Hudgens wants the sluggers to do.
  • To:All
  • 2/24/13
  • anthony888

Looking at Duda and Davis last year, and reading that Duda's working on new things this year, I have to wonder what Hudgens is trying to do with sluggers?

There are some players that aren't going to hit .300, but will give you power, and rbi's when they count.

Keith's + Ron's comments about how Duda was shown tapes of Victorino and others at the plate doesn't exactly seem helpful...raising his bat up and holding it on his shoulder is just going to make him late on pitches because he's a bigger guy than those he's being compared to...

Still looks lost...and it still seems like they are messing with his head...

Some hitters are not cut out to be Victorino's

Edited 2/24/13   by  anthony888
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • viper99
Is simple. He wants the singles hitters to become slugger and the sluggers to became singles hitters.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • fargol
We have no idea why he had him watching videos. He may have directed him to watch something specific, not necessarily to mimic Vic's hitting style 100%.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • TheGMan47
Duda just looks lost in general.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • DFAB
Well, if he learns anything from watching Victorino it will be to take out the CFer while sliding into 2b..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • anthony888

Bat on shoulders....

Go look at Davis' at bats from last year. It was a nightmare, until Davis decided to go back to his old hitting style.

I remember seeing Davis look ridiculous resting his bat on his shoulders.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • sb51
Hudgens and Warthen have done nothing but ruin whatever player they've tried to "teach", except for those who disregard them.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • KLake409
I heard he wants him to do less of a bat wiggle and foot kick also not swing for the fences just try to hit the ball hard, it looks to me like Duda is swinging at the 2 strike breaking ball out of the strike zone maybe he should lay off that pitch as usually it's a ball and it's not easy to hit.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • oceans48
Why do our pitching and hitting coaches continue to find a need to reinvent the wheel? The players have been playing since they're kids and have developed their styles over the years. It's what gotten them here....they've been successful. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • anthony888

<<<<Why do our pitching and hitting coaches continue to find a need to reinvent the wheel? The players have been playing since they're kids and have developed their styles over the years. It's what gotten them here....they've been successful. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!! >>>

This is my point.

Until now, these players found a way to make it to the majors. If they needed so much "fixing", I would think that it would have been addressed at this time.

They destroyed Davis' first half.
They almost ruined Harvey (very evident in his second start, last season)
They got into every hitter's head, by forcing them into taking too many pitches.
Parnell, and many more...

They need to learn to tweak, not completely overhaul.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • oceans48
I'm beginning to wonder what the effect would be if teams didn't have pitching, or hitting coaches??
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • MetObserver
We should rotate posters from this board through those positions since they know so much more about the intricacies of baseball than the professionals do anyway.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • metsheart
So true.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • MetObserver
That will save the owners some money too since I know these posters will be magnanimous and work for free. Just because they are loyal fans and such.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • metsheart
Goes without saying.
  • Reply to this Message