• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Same old Duda
  • To:All
  • 2/24/13
  • FromTheRedSeats

Lucas Duda is already 0-for-3 with three strikeouts today and is he is 0-for-6 with five strikeouts over his first two games.

Seriously, let it go Mets. This GUY STINKS!!!!!!!!!!! Was never highly regarded and doesn't belong to play on a NL team with that atrocious defense. The fact that this guy is a lock for the LF spot is a flat out joke.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • TheGMan47
You do know that it's only 2 games into spring training.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
Who cares???? I watched him yesterday? I see no difference from this year and last year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • metsfansince89
not an overreaction
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • FromTheRedSeats

Overreaction? This is spring training and guys have to earn their job. Duda has yet to prove anything in the majors. Why is he guaranteed a spot?

Argue that.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • Gepett0

while you are certainly overreacting to 2 games worth of abs it is certainly concerning and I am w/ you on the fact that he should not be guaranteed jack sh*t based off his performance last season

honestly, i think kirk, cowgill, den dekker could be our best out field

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
That should be the outfield with Baxter as the 4th. Defensively that is a good outfield, but can Dekker hit?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • 4545_ajd

"Overreaction? This is spring training and guys have to earn their job. Duda has yet to prove anything in the majors. Why is he guaranteed a spot?

Argue that."

Well here is an argument to that, Duda has recently changed up his swing and changes like that are not made overnight. The Mets believe that this will help him during the regular season when it counts. Now if he is competing for a job he would be apprehensive to work on a new swing that he is not used to and will take time to learn, which might force him to go back into bad habits just in order to ensure he makes the team rather than doing what the team believes will make him a better player in the regular season.

Now I doubt Duda has been guaranteed a job, nothing is guaranteed. But the fact that he is not openly competing for a job puts less pressure on him to go back to his old swing and have to deal with the media asking him questions about the competition.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • Gepett0

i see den dekker as likely putting up similar stats to duda (ie 15-20 hr, a good amt of 2b, lots of k's, low ave possibly below 250) the difference is:

1) den dekker adds speed to a slow lineup and will steal around 20-25 bases

2) den dekker plays plus defense in CF while duda plays some of the worst defense in baseball in LF

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • gilforhof
I'd add Byrd to the mix. Cowgill should go north with them before Duda. Its only 2 games I understand, but I don't see any difference in Duda at all. He looks as bad as ever offensively and defensively. I give him all of spring training to prove himself, but I would be surprised if he really shows anything different than what he already is. To be a lock for LF is ridiculous.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • metsfansince89

i get he hasn't been good but its been 2 games... give it at least a week before you start complaining.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • viper99
I just love how gracefully he runs, like he is about to self destroy at any given time. LOL
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • viper99
I actually have a question for all of you. If Lutz shows that he can play LF and hit 300, isn't he a better option than Dud A.? Lutz does have power too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • GoMets6986
Lutz can hit .300?
  • Reply to this Message