• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Cowgill looks Impressive
  • To:All
  • 2/24/13
  • TheGMan47
I know its only been two spring training games but Cowgill certainly is looking good. A good pickup by Sandy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • 4545_ajd
Obviously it's very early and things can turn around in a second, but if things continue this way he could be the opening day left fielder. Cowgill 4 for 4, Duda 0-6 with 5Ks. Again it's still very early.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • edmet
for jeffry marte who was going nowhere with mets, i agree a good pickup.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • Gepett0

ugh i wish we could trade duda to an AL team for something...maybe something like a guy that we let go for no reason like oday

oh wait thats right, baltimore would never do that trade

does the fact that we let oday go after 4 games when he hadnt surrendered a single run bother anybody else? I was p*ssed at the time and im even more p*ssed today as he signs a nice extension to be one of the better set up men in baseball...

why did we lose him you may ask? we had to call up nelson figueroa and decided that oday was more expendable than guys like brian stokes (who brought us GMJ oh joy) or casey fossum among others...random, i know...its just been bugging me lately...since leaving, hes had 1 bad injury-ridden year and 3 good to great ones

Edited 2/24/13   by  Gepett0
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • Kranesback
There's a TJ somebody on the Orioles that I would take for him...looks like a good middle inning reliever
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • viper99
The Mets have too many one dimensional players like Duda. I much rather give an opportunity to guys like Lutz, Valdespin, Flores.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • DFAB
well, we are going to need him to be if we have any hope of being somewhat competitive this year. If he can consistently patrol CF with solid defense and a solid OBP and BA, coupled with some 25 hr potential with Duda, we can be competitive.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • 86kid
I could see Duda making some sense for an AL team in need of a part-time/DH type bat . We'd have to package him with someone to hope for a good player in return. Maybe you pair Flores + Duda and get back a top caliber major league ready OF prospect ?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • brianinwi
Duda's got to start hitting before he has any trade value. Our one-dimensional player is looking like a ZERO-dimensional player so far this spring.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/25/13
  • MetObserver
Yes after 7 ABs we can tell so much about a player. Give him a week or two at least before all the gloom and doom descends on him.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
fernando rodney
Latest by metsheart - 3:28 PM
Music Thread II
Latest by vbch - 3:28 PM
Tonight's Lineup
Latest by GoMets6986 - 3:26 PM
Cubs
Latest by metsheart - 3:22 PM
Musician Name Game
Latest by vbch - 3:21 PM