• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Valdy homers again, need his bat on the team
  • To:All
  • 2/24/13
  • KB24NYM

I would take Valdespin over Hicks or Lutz in a heartbeat.

Clutch bat with pop is always handy.

Edited 2/24/13   by  KB24NYM
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • bmcneely
Besides Wright I think he is my Favorite Met. I like his swagger and attitude This team is lacking players like that, enough choir boys.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • KB24NYM
Agree completely, we need more guys that show fire. He, Murph, and Johan are the only ones I can think of that show a lot of emotion.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • GoMets6986
If only he hit right-handed he would be a lock to make the team. We'll see him at some point though regardless of whether or not he makes the team out of Spring Training.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • GoMets6986
And Cowgill.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • bmcneely
Lol Frank frank took some emotions out on our Gatorade cooler last year I remember.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • KB24NYM
thought about frank but he doesnt show so much, he either scowls or gets an amused look on his face when he gets bombed
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • bmcneely
Yea I noticed he thinks he is being squeezed by the Umps sometimes and then he unravels rather quickly when things don't go his way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • MetObserver
Again? You mean like last year and then now as again? Flores and Hoffman also hit home runs today too. Do we also need their bats in the line up?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • KB24NYM

I mean because he homered on Friday as well.

Are you okay? You seem tense...

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • jsmet
Flores homers again need his bat on the team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • MetObserver
Friday?? What was that an intersquad game.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • KB24NYM

Do you really think the HR's are the important part of the post?

What is the matter with you?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • edmet
valdy can play all 3 OF posutions plus 2b. forget ss. he might win a job at the expense of an OF candidate. i figure duda cowgill and byrd are near locks, so valdy is competing with niewenhuiss brown and baxter. figure 2 of that group make it, the other 2 plus DD start the season at AAA. since cowgill and bryd are both righties, brown goes to AAA. browns shot is to beat out byrd. so that leaves 3 lefties for 2 spots. baxter proved he could pinch hit last yr, as did valdy. i think it comes down to valdy and niewenhuiss and i would not be surprised to see valdy get the job if he plays a good cf in ST. i still think sandy might make a trade before season starts which could change the equation. valdy needs to show improved plate discipline as well as ability to play CF. thats my take, collins and alderson might see it differently.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • MetObserver

In the title you say "Valdy homers again, need his bat on the team" Then in the post you call him clutch. So we need him. Clutch were, when? And then were does he play? He will start the season in AAA this year trying to work on a spot to play.

You seem to be the one that is overly excited by a single home run in ST.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • KB24NYM

You think I started this thread because of the HR? The HR inspired the thread but he could have gone 0-4 with 4 k's and I'd feel the same way and would make the same thread at some point.

Why do you seem so upset?

Edited 2/24/13   by  KB24NYM
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • fargol

"Clutch bat with pop is always handy."

Are you talking about Valdespin?

The guy who hit .178 last year with RISP, and every single one of his clutch stats were bad to awful?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • MetObserver
Not upset just showing some common sense. He so far doesn't fit any position on the team. He will have to prove himself in AAA first.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • KB24NYM
Yes. Had arguably the two clutchest hits on the team last year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • MetObserver
Two clutch hits doesn't make you a clutch hitter if you fail at in many more times when put into the same positions. It makes you lucky a couple of times.
  • Reply to this Message