• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Valdespin is a cancer like Reyes
  • To:All
  • 2/23/13
  • alex8686

I'd like to see the guy get dealt because I think he drags down the team. I don't think he has attitude problems or he's a bad guy, but I just think his personality is such that it effects the team negatively. So we've got to move him to some other team some way.

I would just give him to the Nationals for nothing I think.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • FromTheRedSeats
Valdespin is a good utility bench player, but I would never start him anywhere
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • nym698641
Where was I when Reyes was a cancer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • murphstates
You were living in reality with the rest of us instead of the alternate universe where Reyes was a cancer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • nym698641
Thank you. I thought I fell a sleep and missed a few seasons.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • alex8686
Where was Reyes in late 2007? Late 2008? Nowhere to be found.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • alex8686
Reyes was always the leader of the Mets. It wasn't David. It wasn't Beltran. It wasn't Delgado. It was always Reyes. And he led us right into the basement and then left for free agency after winning a batting title for himself.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • murphstates
I hope you're high right now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • GoMets6986

"Thank you. I thought I fell a sleep and missed a few seasons"

Lol!

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • GoMets6986
Please stop.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • nym698641
I guess that makes him a cancer. To me that says he had a bad few months.
I am guessing you and I have different definitions of what a cancer to a team means.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • alex8686
Yeah, "a bad few months" while his main rival Jimmy Rollins was winning the MVP and carrying the Phillies to two division titles and a championship.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • ExileMetsFan

"Where was Reyes in late 2007? Late 2008? Nowhere to be found. "

Ah, so he had a slump, so he was a cancer?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • ExileMetsFan

"Reyes was always the leader of the Mets. It wasn't David. It wasn't Beltran. It wasn't Delgado. It was always Reyes. And he led us right into the basement and then left for free agency after winning a batting title for himself. "

Ah, so it wasn't the lack of talent on the team, it was all on one guy, and one of the best producers on the team. OK.

You are an idiot.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • gilforhof

For the life of me, I can't ever remember anyone ever saying that Reyes was the leader of the team (except you). He ALWAYS went to Delgado anytime he was feeling the blues or was scolded by the manager. Leaders don't do that. Young players that are NOT leaders do that. You want a cancer on a team ... think Bobby Bo.

Rollins had a better year ... so what.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • marvelousmarvin

I read somewhere they kind of ignore him in the locker room. Saw a picture of him in the locker with this giant champion-like boxing belt. If he rocks it, they will keep him as long as he is not insubordinate. if he is a utility guy, they will hype him and move him.

There was still no explanation of what he did in Savannah a few years back that got him suspended and hustled out of state. That was in the day of Omar and his tough guy Tony B.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Reyes was a pouty man who I think was somewhat of a negative influence. We saw him act on the last day of the batting title race. We saw the mysterious injuries...the thyROID mishap (actually HGH is a more relevant a cause. Lots of talent but lots of baggage. I think the Mets did the right thing to let him walk, but they should have traded him mid-season for some young talent.

Edited 2/24/13   by  marvelousmarvin
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • KLake409
The only real problem I have with him is his throwing arm is only suited for 2B or CF
if he could learn to play CF then he could play there (really with his speed he can run down everything in RF and LF but he doesn't have the throwing arm to play Corner OF, and doesn't get a good enough jump on balls to play CF well yet).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • Kranesback
If we still had Reyes we'd be in much better shape than we are today....and I have never heard a player, writer, coach, or manager refer to him as a cancer.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • nym698641
What's funny is that Jimmy Rollins, with his lack of hustle, pointed out by his benching twice last year by his own manager, is more of a cancer then Jose Reyes could ever be.
  • Reply to this Message