• Bay homers in first AB of Spring for M's
  • To:All
  • 2/23/13
  • KB24NYM
lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • _BigNick
Ruben Tejada hit one out as well, sure both of them will lead their respective leagues.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • GoMets6986
That"s too funny. Watch him win Comeback Player of the Year.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548552.4 was deleted
  • 2/23/13
  • 86kid
I feel like Bay isn't done and will have a good year out there. It would fitting in Mets history. Lol

Edited 2/23/13   by  86kid
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • bmcneely
His first of Many.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • _BigNick
I was hoping they would keep him on since you're basically paying him anyway. Still solid defensively, and with our outfield...anything really helps.

Think he'll certainly be better than last year, either way though.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • DFAB
Both Bay and Pelf will have good years.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • 86kid

It was a hard situation for both Bay and the Mets.

Bay had become like a dark cloud for over the team, a bad luck charm. I think moving him out was best for both side.

The money is what it is I guess. They gave themselves some cap space by pushing his payment back

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • JoseJose
If those guys have anything near a decent season it raises suspicions about the work ethic/chemistry of veterans on our team.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • govmule72
Of course. MVP award on the way.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • KLake409
The Red Sox should have signed him then he would probably have hit 35HRs.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • bmcneely
All kidding aside that number 44 Has been cursed IMO for a number of years now. I think I remember darling saying he had it and had to have it changed during a broadcast one time. Then I saw Buck wearing it today and was like oh no I hope he breaks the curse.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • MetObserver
Huh! Bay was one of the veterans on the team, in fact he was the oldest regular on the team. What vets are you talking about?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • JoseJose
Exactly - if Bay looks like a ballplayer again it would suggest he was being lazy/took the money and ran when he was here, he was so awful.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • robrock30

I always thought that Bay was putting on an act because he didn't want to play for the Mets.
Nobody could be that bad. He was putting on a Tony Fernandez 1993 act which I had seen before.

I previously had posted my thoughts on this so I am not now surprised.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • Gepett0

actually i think it would more be an indication that he has a soft mentality and couldn't handle ny

some guys just don't have the mental toughness to play here

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • robrock30

I had posted this 7/28/12

Do you remember Tony Fernandez with the 1993 Mets? I was a season ticket holder back then.

I watch Bay lately and I have seen this act before. He doesn't want to be here and is trying to
get cut. He will then take the $ and go elsewhere and return to being a normal player.

He is not that good at acting. It is so obvious. He is trying to force the issue.
He wants to be cut, take the $ and go elsewhere. The Wilpons won't want to cut him,
but the fans and media will be calling for it. After he is cut, some team will sign him to
a minimum contract and he will return to being a normal player.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • Kranesback
Funny thing was at ST last year I was talking to one of the scouts. He said the biggest worry about him was that spring training was half over and he had yet to get an extra base hit.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • GoMets6986
Even last year Bay ran into some long balls despite his overall awfulness. I doubt he'll do anything this year.
  • Reply to this Message