• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Close the gate!!! Close the gate!!!
  • To:All
  • 2/23/13
  • thebobymon
I thought this commercial went the way of the dodo last year...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • stearnsy12
They just CAN'T make us watch that commercial 5 times a game for another season,they couldn't possibly be that cruel
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • govmule72

"I thought this commercial went the way of the dodo last year..."

It was bad enough we had to see it 50 bazillion times last year - but they've actually brought it back to re-torture the masses. They even changed the words a little as if we would think it was a different ad or something. I guess her being belittling her boyfriend's proposal didn't work as well as they thought it would - so they edited and rereleased it as if it would make it any better.

It's not just SNY...it's every channel on TV...and it just won't stop, ever. WHY do they keep airing this? WHY??? I'm still not even sure about what they're advertising exactly.

There has to be something we don't know.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • govmule72

"They just CAN'T make us watch that commercial 5 times a game for another season,they couldn't possibly be that cruel"

It's other channels too. The ad that just refuses to die.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • MetObserver
I have this button on my remote that takes care of that for me it is called 'mute'.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • 4545_ajd

"They just CAN'T make us watch that commercial 5 times a game for another season,they couldn't possibly be that cruel "

We survived Guissepe Franco, we can survive this.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • johnyringo
This and brad Brenson is to much for any man.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • thebobymon

That Caesar's commercial is another one that needs to get burned into oblivion. The one with Celine Dion and the rose at the end.

I can't hit mute fast enough.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • thebobymon

Isn't it a Citi card commercial?

So it may be with us a long time.

That song probably makes it onto every Jeffie mixed tape...

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • govmule72

"I have this button on my remote that takes care of that for me it is called 'mute'."

I still have to see it. Just end the ad already.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • govmule72

"We survived Guissepe Franco, we can survive this."

At least that was mildly entertaining in a humorous way. And they didn't bring it back a year later.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • govmule72

"That Caesar's commercial is another one that needs to get burned into oblivion. The one with Celine Dion and the rose at the end.

I can't hit mute fast enough."

I agree, though still a distant second in amount of air pay to SLTGO.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • govmule72

"Isn't it a Citi card commercial?"

Yeah, something about using points to buy stuff. I'm just not sure why we have to hear about a billion times. I mean if the ad is so ineffective that you have to show it to the point of pain, make a new ad!

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • MetObserver
So much vitriol for a simple commercial. Use the picture in picture feature and when the commercial comes on flip to the other channel until it is over No sound and very little picture to bother your sensibilities. Or get up and get a drink so that it won't bother you so much.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • stearnsy12
yeah,you're right....the pillow fight,the rose,the lady with the dog at the door and the raised eyebrow.....yechh
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • kaztast1c
I have mlb.tv, I don't get the commercials, just a blue screen that says "commercial break in progress".
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • 4545_ajd
Just purchased MLB.TV for the first time this year, and got to say it is pretty impressive.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • govmule72

"So much vitriol for a simple commercial. Use the picture in picture feature and when the commercial comes on flip to the other channel until it is over No sound and very little picture to bother your sensibilities. Or get up and get a drink so that it won't bother you so much."

I don't have that fancy machinery lol. I'm behind in the TV world. Yeah, it's one ad, but it has played more than any other I've ever seen. It's gotta have some encoded messages in it or something.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • govmule72

"yeah,you're right....the pillow fight,the rose,the lady with the dog at the door and the raised eyebrow.....yechh"

Yeah, what dude gets pissed about a bunch of hot women in underwear hitting each other with pillows? Poor baby.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • stearnsy12
he was going to be late delivering the bazillion roses to Celine!!
  • Reply to this Message