• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Did Ruben Tejada just hit a HR off of Strasburg?
  • To:All
  • 2/23/13
  • 4545_ajd
Or am I seeing things?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • 86mex17
Couldn't be , ha
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548543.3 was deleted
  • 2/23/13
  • jsmet
And Hernandez said he will never hit morevthen 9
Home runs in one year. Another crystal ball viewer lol.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • bmcneely
Didn't I tell you yesterday he looks like he put on 20 LBS of muscle? I guess he did.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • marvelousmarvin
You do realize it is the first day of spring training when pitchers are barely game ready and not throwing at 100%? For you to make fun of Mex like you know better is humorous, with you the butt of the joke.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548543.7 was deleted
  • 2/23/13
  • jsmet

You do realize it is the first day of spring training when pitchers are barely game ready and not throwing at 100%? For you to make fun of Mex like you know better is humorous, with you the butt of the joke.<

You are right it is early pitchers just gettng into it. But I still think Tejada. Is capable of hitting more then 9
Home runs sometime in his career as he Matures snd gets stronger . Just because he doesnt look lke
A home run hitter does not mean he will not hit home runs. Example. Pedroia of the Redsox.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • marvelousmarvin

He seems more like a singles hitter, but he's still young and if he added some muscle, he may develop more power. He's patient at the plate, so if he sees something he can hit and just drive it, he might become a doubles hitter. I'd hate to see him think he was a power hitting shortstop and have his OBP go down and his Ks up. I do think he did a fine job last year.

The more interesting story is how Flores develops and what that would mean for Murph.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548543.10 was deleted
  • 2/23/13
  • jsmet

The more interesting story is how Flores develops and what that would mean for Murph<

Although he is not a outfielder they should try him out in the outfield next to Kirk and Duda.
They can use all the hitting they can in the line up.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • danthemetfan
Strasburg was only throwing fastballs today, and he didnt have any movement on it. He was just loosening his arm up in his first go around. The ball was also flying out today. It is nice to see, but I wouldn't take anything away from it. The thing I liked most today was how Wheeler looked, and how Byrd looked. Marlon Byrd had two very nice AB; Cowgill too. Approach in ST is as important, if not more important than results, especially early on.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • DFAB
what needs to be done with Flores IMO is let his skyrocket as much as possible and trade him for a real OFer. Perhaps if his stock gets high enough, we could package him in a deal for Stanton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • bkmetfan
That is definitely not true. I know you said you weren't looking, but it's more like a fifth of his hits were for EBs. His slugging was only 351, which is pretty low.

Edited 2/23/13   by  bkmetfan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • Metopia
He needs to work on his OBP not his power. If he gets homer happy that might not be a good thing.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • GoMets6986
This. We don't need Rueben to hit HRs. If his OBP can be around .360 that would be fantastic. I would like to see more doubles from him though.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • Metopia
He's an athelete. Your request will be granted.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/23/13
  • murphstates
I think this is the third spring in a row that I've read on here Ruben added 20 pounds of muscle in the off season. He must be about 250 now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • Metopia
LOL, but they all lose weight during the season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/24/13
  • Remember86
That's right. In his career, he has 56 extra base hits and a total 273 hits. That's a little better than 1/5 of his hits which were extra base hits.
  • Reply to this Message