• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Q About Harvey
  • To:All
  • 2/19/13
  • nutz4pugs

Is he eligible for the RoY award? What are the requirements for a pitcher in terms of innings and such?

Thanks.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • GoMets6986
I think the rule is 50 innings or 45 days on the active roster. If I'm right then Harvey is not eligible.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • Kranesback
Determining rookie status:
A player shall be considered a rookie unless, during a previous season or seasons, he has (a) exceeded 130 at-bats or 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues; or (b) accumulated more than 45 days on the active roster of a Major League club or clubs during the period of 25-player limit (excluding time in the military service and time on the disabled list).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • GoMets6986
I knew I saw that rule before.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • nutz4pugs
Thanks for the info.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • nutz4pugs
Thanks for that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • thagreat1
If he was eligible we'd have at least two viable candidates with Harvey and TDA maybe three depending how soon Wheeler comes up
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • nutz4pugs

I didn't know what the requirements were for RoY so decided to ask here, thinking only about Harvey. But, thanks to you, there are two more possible candidates to consider on the Mets.

The Mets have actually had some good fortune with RoY awards, because they don't necessarily acheive greatness. Gooden, Matlack, Seaver and Strawberry. All had good to great careers.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • MetObserver
The problem is that if you have 2 candidates on the same team they draw voted from each other making it harder for either to win the award. But I really could not care less about ROY if both of those players reach that type of success.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/21/13
  • nutz4pugs

Absolutely. It isn't something that would keep me from sleeping well if neither got it, I would have trouble sleeping if neither panned out.

If any of them can become relaible, everyday players for a few years, I'd be quite content. That, and a championship or two. :-)

• Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
ANYONE EXCITED FOR MLB THE SHOW ON PS4?
Latest by 98silverbolts7to15 - 12:00 AM
Wilmer Flores with 7 RBI already
Latest by bonillasonlyfan - Apr-17
Baseball Name Game
Latest by jereviens - Apr-17
Favorite Easter Basket Candy
Latest by metman79 - Apr-17
Secret Service Threatened Mr. Met's Life
Latest by bmcneely - Apr-17