• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• here's how to get Stanton
  • To:All
  • 2/19/13
  • thagreat1

I think we could offer Murphy, Duda,Fulmer,Mejia,Tapia and Montero and cash for Stanton. Put Wright at 2nd.Flores at 3rd

Yeah I know I'm getting flamed but Marlins historically have made some head scratching trades being on the bad end of that.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • KB24NYM
Marlins could get 28 better offers than that.

Edited 2/19/13   by  KB24NYM
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • govmule72

"I think we could offer Murphy, Duda,Fulmer,Mejia,Tapia and Montero and cash for Stanton."

More isn't always better.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • Moses0507
In any deal for Stanton the Mets will HAVE to include Zack Wheeler
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • thagreat1
I know but if we can somehow Get him with that offer we'd be in business
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • DFAB
Substitute Murphy for Flores
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • DFAB
not necessarily....yea they will ASK for Harvey, Wheeler, etc....doesn't mean they would get them
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • thagreat1
I love Murph..the guys a stud I know but I think Flores has some incredible potential. Murph is already 28 and may be good for another four or five years. Flores, (if he's all he's cracked up to be) can be good for more than a decade.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • DFAB
that's the thing...we'd have to worry about Flores' "potential"....which hasn't served us well in the past....Fmart...Milledge...etc. Murphy is no superstar, but he is very underrated. He's a .300 hitter who can hit 40+ doubles. He is a great complimentary player.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • Moses0507

'yea they will ASK for Harvey, Wheeler, etc....doesn't mean they would get them'

Then were Not getting him.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • TheGMan47
How about Flores, Meija, Montero, Duda, and cash for Stanton. If they don't take that offer then it's not worth going after Stanton.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • JamesHetfi3ld

Guarantee you Texas would be willing to offer Profar+ top flight pitching prospects for Stanton.

He's cheap, he's 23, and he's already put up scary numbers. The Mets would HAVE to give up Wheeler+ to even be on the phone with Miami.

And I would pull the trigger right now. You're talking about the cleanup hitter for your team, who also plays good defense, for a decade. It's a no-brainer.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • DFAB

"Then we're not getting him."

How could you possibly know that? In you OPINION it would cost Wheeler...and maybe you're right...but there is no way of knowing until a trade actually happens.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • thagreat1
Tempting but pitching wins rings. I know they're unproven but Wheeler and Harvey and Niese as a top 3 is potentially more frightening than Stanton alone. I'd be willing to give up Syndergaard + but even that hurts a bit..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • Gepett0

harvey, wheeler, & tda are untouchable to me at the moment...i just wouldnt do it - not even for stanton...i respect that you disagree but im not gonna move those guys

im also iffy that texas would move profar, though i think theyd move andruws or any other person in the entire organization to get him

i think that synd, fulmer, nimmo, flores at least opens a dialogue and id probably do it, even though the system would be in shambles again after that trade (though we'd still have montero & tapia)...not sure its enough though to actually get him...

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • Kranesback
First, I don't think the Fish move him this year. It would seem their first order of business will be to deal Nolasco and his contract. Depending on what he brings back, their needs and demands may change.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548445.17 was deleted
  • To:All
  • 2/19/13
  • deviljuice

If you want Stanton you will have to give up: 1) Either Wheeler or D'Arnaud; 2) either Nimmo or Syndergaard 3) either Flores or Fulmer and 4) either Harvey or Niese.

The deal would be 4 for 2. They would throw in a decent prospect.

Edited 2/19/13   by  deviljuice
Edited 2/19/13   by  deviljuice
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • bmcneely
Realistically the only way we end up with him is a Johan scenario where the top teams drop out and we swoop in with an inferior package. I don't think Sandy would trade Wheeler,.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • tommyamet1969
Stanton would be the ideal guy for them to get. It would be like the Gary Carter trade.
  • Reply to this Message