• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• MarlinsGiancarlo Stanton-RF
  • To:All
  • 2/19/13
  • robrock30
Tue, 19 Feb 2013 01:44:00 PMThe Phillies are aggressively in pursuit of Marlins OF Giancarlo Stanton. According to league sources.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • AdrianMonk

I doubt if they have anyone to offer who would interest Miami.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • gilforhof
This is the guy we need to go after and we have some players to offer besides our "top" prospects.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • robrock30
The Mets should be all in as Texas probably will be too.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • AdrianMonk

I don't know. He seems more like a Yankee type.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • gilforhof
I agree. He's just what we need. Decent defense (nothing great), HR hitter, High RBIs etc. We have some pitching to offer (Mejia, Familia) also some position players either at ML or Minor level.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • saztastic2012
We should be able to beat any package the depleated Cheesestakes can muster up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • gilforhof
Whats a "yankee type"?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • Gepett0

what exactly are they going to offer?

their farm system is a joke and they dont have a single young, under team control major leaguer w/ talent on their entire 25 man roster

they could offer their 3 best prospects AND dominic brown and i think theyd get laughed back to chzstk land

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • skorpio520
thats good.let them.they already killed their farm for other players in other trades.their current core is aging,with alot of owed money for the next few years atleast.let them deplete what little they have left for stanton so eventually it will end up with just being stanton and a retirment home.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • thebobymon
You would think so...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • DFAB
God I hope he doesn't go to the Phillies....he would hit 50+ hrs in that park..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • MetObserver
That would be before the all star break.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/19/13
  • DFAB

Offer Flores+Mejia+Familia+Syndergaard/Fulmer+DD/Kirk+minor prospect?

Obviously not including our TOP TOP guys but that is a lot of good talent in that offer...

Edited 2/19/13   by  DFAB
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • robrock30
At least fans will show at Citi Field to watch the opposing teams.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • gilforhof
Thats an awful lot for him. Maybe Mejia, Flores and Familia or Mejia , Familia, Kirk/DD plus one lower level guy. I wouldn't go crazy for him, but would offer something decent.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • DFAB
If we aren't giving up any of our top guys, that's at least what it would take. If we get to keep D'Arnuad, Harvey, Wheeler, and one of Syndergaard and Fulmer, then we definitely would make that trade
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • metsheart
"Offer Flores+Mejia+Familia+Syndergaard/Fulmer+DD/Kirk+minor prospect?"

Don't think so.

Offer Flores or Valdespin + Familia or Mejia + Kirk and/ or Duda + Tyler Pill (or some other 2nd tier pitching prospect)?

Edited 2/19/13   by  metsheart
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • gilforhof
I definitely wouldn't give any of our top prospects or ML players. I agree with Mejia, Familia, Flores and either Kirk or DD. Going with anymore seems unrealistic to me. But, I think they would want a package including Wheeler or TDA or Syndergaard thrown in. I just wouldn't do it. I understand the three of them are really untested at this time, but the "potential" is there for them to be future stars. Mejia, Flores, Familia also have that potential, but to a lesser degree. I do like the thought of Stanton on the Mets very much. If Duda could get his act together we would at least have an offensive OF that could "potentially" wreck havoc offensively. Hopefully, that would semi makeup for Duda's defensive shortcomings.
  • Reply to this Message