• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• left handed batters
  • To:All
  • 2/19/13
  • roywriter
lets see...Ike..Murph..Duda...Baxter...Valdespin...(how does Valdespin not get in the conversation about platooning in RF with the likes of Cowgill or any other righthanded batter?) Now we hear talk of Qintanilla, Havens, and on and on...THey intend to offer a contract to a washed up closer and couldn't see the wisdom in re-signing Hairston...and its not about money????C'mon, Fred is lieing once again. By the way, have any of you read anywhere that Bourne actually confirmed the Mets offer of 4 for 48 mil???They have one goal this year in terms of contracts to wit: Get Sanatn to 7-3 by the All Star break and trade him...I think that a team like Detroit, maybe Toronto, Chicago would be a willing trade partner..The name I was hoping to see them going after was SIzemore..Alas, this is my 2nd year of blackballing Citi Field..I mean Fred has the audacity to proclaim that things are good because he hit it big in the Stock Market and paid his debts..I find that remark utterly reprehensible. To presume that Met Fans would be appeased by such a statement or gain a belief that ownership is going to spend, and therefore we should all come out to the ballpark is just a total lack of respect for us. And then there's Terry, the eternal optimist..I like him, and he should be thanked for being the one constant in all of this.He is not the brightest guy around, but he is old school and has remarkably maintained his focus....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • MetObserver

First Valdespin in not a true outfielder while Baxter, Nieuwenhuis, and den Dekker are. And with Duda should be enough left handers to look at. If Valdespin spends time in the outfield this year it should be in Las Vegas.

The rest of that solid block of words were too much trouble to read through.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • roywriter
I didnt mean to suggest that Im in love with Valdespin..Baxter is a nice story, because he is a local guy and can hit some, but hes not everyday..Im just saying that every where you look, Newenheiser, DenDekker, now Im hearing Havens, add in Valdespin,then your starters..Duda..Ike..Murph and you have 10 lefthanded bats that are being talked about as being on the roster. As for Byrd, he is another example of an insult. 35 years old, hasnt played in almost 2 years w/o the pills, and guys like Delmon Young, Rivera, are just not even considered..Its either FRed saying NO, or Sandy applying Money Ball tactics...I mean in the face of all that why do you not offer Hairston 5 mil for 2 years, but you elect to add on Byrd, and a few others of questionable worth, when you had a given in Hairston? They had 12 months to address the outfield sit, and they begin this year with the same question marks and vacancies with virtually the same corps of guys +COwgil and a few other newbys, and we are supposed to go along with it? I dont have to and I wont. Im always reminded of what Nelson Doubleday said about Fred Wilpon after the Piazza signing, which was that if he (Doubleday) wasnt the majority partner, PIazza would not have been a Met.......
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • MetObserver

"I dont have to and I wont. "

How do you change anything? What are your alternatives?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • roywriter
as a fan, we can force some changes.The only reaqson that Marlin BYrd has been signed, is because he is the only position player who is Black..Tejada is latino..Thats what The Wilpons prioritize is pandering..They are beyond transparency in everything they say and do, but they dont think we know it...I spoke to a bunch of other Met fans, and none of them have found any evidence wherein Bourne admits that THe Mets offered him 48 mil for 4 yrs..Its nonsense..My son who can well afford top tier tickets to any event, goes to 2 or 3 games a summer @CitiField and gets his tickets on line (stubb HUb or some other place) for 10 bucks and then goes and sits in the front rows....I just wish them ill..From the very beginning of the planning for CitField, they completely discounted Mets History and Mets DNA which was derived from disenfranchised Dodger, and Giant fans...Fred then imposed his own bias (and dont get me wrong, as an owner he had that right) with the establishment of the Jackie Robinson Rotunda..Robinson had nothing whatsoever to do with anything Mets, he was a baseball icon..at least Willie Mays closed out his career with the Mets..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • bkmetfan
From left-hand batters to this. I think there are some pretty underlying issues you have that influence your judgement. LOL

Edited 2/19/13   by  bkmetfan
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548439.7 was deleted
  • 2/20/13
  • roywriter
I'm just tired of being "jobbed" by The Wilpons and Woody Johnson..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • edmet
i wish the mets would pander some more and get stanton. they picked up byrd because he is cheap, low risk high reward guy.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • metsnation
Does Valdespin have an OF arm? Baxter had a 360OBP. Valdespin was sub 300 think he needs half a season more in AAA to develop
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • thagreat1

You do realize your thread title has about two percent to do with the original post? Quintessential definition of a tangent.

You take your username too serious. Ever heard of paragraphs? If not , I just showed you. Still unsure? Hint: look up.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • roywriter
my point was that BAxter is a nice guy to have on the bench, and he did earn it..Valdespin however is a strikeout artist..I really believe they are going to dump Santana if he is going well and also look to move MUrph...Keep an eye out for Havens....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • roywriter
you dont trade oitching for hitting, and thats what The Marlins would want for Stanton...
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • MetObserver

That was the least cohesive block of words that I have ever read. How many thoughts were in that single paragraph anyway?

What the heck does Stub-hub have to do with left handed hitting?

And for your benefit: "Bourn’s first choice was the Mets, who he had an agreement with on the years and dollars, according to Mike Puma of the New York Post. However, Puma says, it would have taken 2 to 3 weeks to resolve the draft pick issue."

"The Mets offered the same deal as the Indians, only they did not include a fifth-year option, reports Joel Sherman of the New York Post."

Do Joel Sherman and Mike Puma count as well as all or your friends?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • MetObserver
my point was that BAxter is a nice guy to have on the bench, and he did earn it..Valdespin however is a strikeout artist..I really believe they are going to dump Santana if he is going well and also look to move MUrph...Keep an eye out for Havens....
-------------------------------------------------
If that was your point how come none of that was in your OP? Are you drinking?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • roywriter
No...Shuma and Sherman were reporting from what The Mets had leaked..Neither of them or anyone else ever reporte that Bourne had confirmed the offer..As far as the draft pick thing, there is something very fishy ..Selig is the reason why The wilpons still own the Mets, so you would think that he would have MLB expedite a hearing concerning their claim for not losing the pick if they signed Borne..but he didnt. Leads me to believe that The Mets knew he wouldnt expedite the clasim, and therefore enabled them to Look good by saying they were offering or had offered 48 mil..If you really want the player and you are really offering that kind of money, then why would you hold back waiting on a ruling over a draft pick, especially if you know that another team is interested in the player? Answer, because you DONT want to spend that money, so you hide behind the draft pick issue.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • 4545_ajd

".If you really want the player and you are really offering that kind of money, then why would you hold back waiting on a ruling over a draft pick, "

Because if they got the ruling without a contract Boras would have turned around and ask for 5 years 60-65M.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • govmule72
A guy who can't string a decent sentence together, or use paragraphs, is commenting on another's intelligence?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • roywriter
In the final analysis, after an entire year of knowing how horrible their outfield was, they waited and waited and waited and then brought in Marlin Byrd..By the way, if he makes the team, he will be the onely African American position player they will put on the field...NYC 1 Black ball player..seems a bit unpolitically correct..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/20/13
  • KLake409
How many do the Yankees have?
  • Reply to this Message