• To:All
  • 2/19/13
  • jsmet
The dont have MRI's in Florida? The have to fly him back to New York to
Do MRI. How stupid is that?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • Metopia
Maybe the Wilpons didn't get an exemption from Obamacare.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • jsmet
Lol
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548438.4 was deleted
  • 2/19/13
  • BigTon
Bio-Genesis was closed.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548438.6 was deleted
  • 2/19/13
  • jsmet

A lot of teams do this? I know they are already paying those docs but it makes no sense. Do it there and have the Docs in NY read it."

Exactly.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • metsheart
Hospital for Special Surgery is the orthopedic teaching hospital of Cornell Medical School. Because they're training the (Ivy League) doctors of tomorrow they have to have absolute state-of-the-art equipment & top notch professors/ doctors.

So while there's MRI equipment in FLA it's probably at least a "generation" older than what HSS has in terms of technology. HSS probably also has other diagnostic equipment that hospitals down there don't even have.

Also it's not just a matter of reading an MRI. Doctors always want to examine the patient personally. Sometimes things show up in a physical examination that might not get noticed looking at an X-ray or MRI.

Had my ankle operated on at HSS. Was a brand new procedure when I had it done. Now it's the norm I'm told. Never a day's trouble since. Also know a guy that had to have his hip operated on when he was about 9 & had it done at HSS. In his 50s now & his exercise is running.

I think Mets used NYU Hospital when they made several of those misdiagnoses.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/19/13
  • METMAINEAC
..and it begins..
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • thebobymon
Frequent Flyer Miles.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • jsmet

Frequent Flyer Miles.

Yeah. Lol

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • JERRY
They have best MRI systems and can guide the Cortisone shot to the right spot. Last year Wright & Hairston had it done. Both played the whole season. Murphy will be fine.
  • Reply to this Message