• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• To:All
  • 2/18/13
  • metthunder
Daniel Murphy has been diagnosed with an intercostal muscle injury and is headed back to New York per Rubin and Martino
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • thebobymon
Valdespin needs to step up now.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • metthunder
also Flores
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • DFAB
sigh....
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • 4545_ajd
Opening day is 42 days away, Murphys injury time table is 7-10 days, I think we will be ok.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • metthunder
that's the good news, bad news is this can happen anytime. And per MLB Trade rumors Turner may get traded because of no room on 40 man.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • anthony888

Sadly, intercostal muscle injuries could linger for many months.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • gomets66
AdamRubinESPN Murph described injury as "subtle tug" on right side. Played through similar late last year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • FromTheRedSeats

"Opening day is 42 days away, Murphys injury time table is 7-10 days, I think we will be ok."

Yeah, I'll believe it when I actually see him on the field. Smells like that Ike Davis <crap in 2011.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • 4545_ajd

"Yeah, I'll believe it when I actually see him on the field. Smells like that Ike Davis <crap in 2011.
"

It just happened, how can you say it seems like anything?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • gomets66
wright and hairston each had the same thing last ST. both got a shot, missed a couple weeks and were fine.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • thebobymon
Probably.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • nutz4pugs

Heard that Wright and Hairston also went through the same thing last year, and they both had pretty damm good 2012's.

I hope it's the same for Murph, I'm expecting big things from him this year. He isn't fighting for a position or roster spot, so he can concentrate on improving his game. I think Murph is destined for a big year.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • thagreat1
Big year? I personally think Murphy has peaked. Not that he'll be declining anytime soon but I just don't think he's going to get much better. Still a really good player but I don't seem him getting much much better

Edited 2/19/13   by  thagreat1
Edited 2/19/13   by  thagreat1
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • Metopia
He almost hit .300 and 40 doubles while learning a tough position. He'll hit over .300 this season.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • nutz4pugs

I don't think that. He's got the position out of the way, the roster spot set, so he can concentrate better on the things he *didn't* do as well as he could last year.

Do I think he'll turn into Chase Utley? No. But I do think he'll be better in every phase of his game, and that should make for a bigger year all-around.

At least that's what I'm hoping for.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548427.17 was deleted
  • 2/19/13
  • mysticpiazza
I'd have second thoughts about trading Turner right now. And doesn't it seem like Murph gets injured every year either in ST or the beginning of the season?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • JERRY
Murphy will be fine. Last year Wright & hairston had the same problem. Wright played the whole year as did Hairston. The cortisone shot will help it and they guide it to the right spot on the MRI.
  • Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/21/13
  • johnyringo

Murphy is very tuff and very clutch...

he is going to have a big offensive year without the burden of learning how to field at second this year

• Reply to this Message