• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Ellsbury, pence and morse!
  • To:All
  • 2/18/13
  • 86mex17
That's my wish list for next season Fred! Posters please post your or bash mine and put yours.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • Melo15nym
I'm not sure about Elsbury. I would like for them to go after Pence, Choo, and Young next year.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • metthunder
think younger, teams like Rockies and others have prospects who are ready and no place to play them, just an idea.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • Kranesback
I likePence...not yet made up my mind on the others yet.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • DFAB

"he is asking for more than what we are willing to pay"

"he does not fit our plans right now"

"we believe he is not much better than what we have"

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • KB24NYM
bingo
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • MetObserver
I think Pence is awkward and gangly but now can cover it with athleticism but how long can he do it? With age his game will fall apart quicker than others.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • murphstates
I live in the Philly burbs and they couldn't wait to get rid of Pence. He was bad offensively, no plate discipline, really pressed when Utley and Howard were out and surprisingly was awful defensively. I'm not sure he'll be worth what he's going to get for a five or six hitter.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • TheGMan47
I want Choo and an Eaton type prospect.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • gomets66
i doubt they spend 40 million and lose a draft pick or 2 on next years outfield.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • metthunder
no Choo, hopefully can do better in RF hole
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • Bowser
Do people really want Pence? I don't see what's so special about him, basically just another Bay, he'll probably stink when he gets here.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • TheGMan47
What's wrong with Choo, have you seen his stats? He consistently puts up seasons with 20 HRs 20 SBs and a .380 OBP.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • gomets66

What's wrong with Choo, have you seen his stats? He consistently puts up seasons with 20 HRs 20 SBs and a .380 OBP. >>>>

his agent is boras which means he will be way overpriced to start. plus reds will probably have no reason not to offer comp to get a pick. same for ellsbury. they will probably be late signings when their price tags hopefully drop.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • kaztast1c

"plus reds will probably have no reason not to offer comp to get a pick"

Two words

Billy and Hamilton

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/19/13
  • skorpio520

Pence,Lincecum,Morse...

Ellsbury is gonna asking for the keys to the city and has a recent unimpressive injury history

• Reply to this Message