• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• So what other moves would you like to see before ST?
  • To:All
  • 2/17/13
  • DFAB

I would like to see us add Wilson and Sizemore. I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Young getting a ST invite either. Sizemore is a high risk, but would cost next to nothing. Signing him this year with an option for 2014 could be a great move if he can get a couple months of healthy baseball in this year. So, in summary:

Wilson
Sizemore
Young

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • hamp
Those would be okay....Which Wilson are you talking...I don't think Young is going to happen after the Marcum signing
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • metman79
i agree
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • thebobymon
Warthen...Moon walk
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • AdrianMonk

I would sign Aaron Heilman to a minor league contract, and trade for Nick Evans.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • RobfromLI

Nothing.

I don't see those names as being all that useful, just more stuff to toss at the wall I suppose in hopes that something sticks. I just want to see some baseball at this point, I'm kind of tired hearing about all the could be kinda helpful players if they play above their potential.

/shrug

Since there isn't anyone available that is an actual difference maker I say we just go into the season with what we have and hope for the best.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • nutz4pugs

"moves"?? At my age "moves" are a morning ritual for discussion. Oh, you mean baseball moves?

Sorry.

:-)

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • brianinwi
Wilmer Flores for Bryce Brentz straight up.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • MetObserver
Wilson and Sizemore will not be ready to start the season. Both would be expected at the earliest in May or June. Why would you want them to clog things up on the 40 man roster if they aren't available?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • 58pwrhtr
a closer would be nice. We currently have none on the roster. We could have a great bullpen and have it all unravel with the 9th inning.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • DFAB
because if they DO get healthy, they could possibly make a difference....hence the reason why I said include an option on Sizemore. It's another low risk/high reward thing just like most of our signings so far.
  • Reply to this Message
Recent Discussions
fernando rodney
Latest by metsheart - 3:28 PM
Music Thread II
Latest by vbch - 3:28 PM
Tonight's Lineup
Latest by GoMets6986 - 3:26 PM
Cubs
Latest by metsheart - 3:22 PM
Musician Name Game
Latest by vbch - 3:21 PM