• Gomez would be a GREAT fit
  • To:All
  • 2/17/13
  • KB24NYM
Should really try to reel him in next offseason
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • stearnsy12

guy is still young,has some pop,great speed and defense,but perhaps one of the worst active ML OBA so he wouldn't be leading off for us....

a good option to bring home if Kirk and Den Dekker don't pan out

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • 86kid
It depends on what the cost is, but I haven't bought into him just yet. Getting him on the cheap could turn out to be a real bargin if he grow into something good, but I have to see alot more of him, and improvement in several aspects of his game before I'd be more sure of what he is or isn't.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • TheGMan47
I'd rather have Choo.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • nvmets10
Yea, that's the thing about Gomez. Last season was the first where he showed any real offensive value. And it basically all came in the second half to boot. A lot will depend on how 2013 turns out for him but I suspect he won't come on the cheap.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • 86kid
It would be kinda of funny though to see him returning to the Mets, just as Johan is leaving... Lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • deviljuice
I'd like to see him in a Mets uniform. At best he is a good CF, at worst he is a good 4th OF/pinch runner. Reminds me of Endy Chavez but with pop instead of contact.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • AdrianMonk

I'd rather bring back Lastings Milledge.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • RobfromLI

"I'd rather bring back Lastings Milledge."

HA!

Is he even involved with MLB on any level anymore?

Where's F. Mart btw?

Anyone remember the days of Gomez in CF, Milledge in LF and F.Mart in RF? Those were the days of three five tool players and a decade of OF dominance!

• Reply to this Message
  • To:All
  • 2/18/13
  • loyalfan28
I'd only bring him back if he's cheap and had an ok season again this year. I wouldn't bet on 19 hrs again or even the higher stolen bases. Keep in mind, this guy has stunk every other season of his career
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • ExileMetsFan

"Where's F. Mart btw?"

Starting for the Astros, most likely.

<http://houston.astros.mlb.com/team/depth_chart/index.jsp?c_id=hou>

Edited 2/18/13   by  ExileMetsFan
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/18/13
  • nutz4pugs

"It would be kinda of funny though to see him returning to the Mets, just as Johan is leaving... Lol "

I always liked Cargo. He had a certain "soir de vie" when playing. Since there's been a little discussion about French on another thread. LOL

• Reply to this Message