• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Greg Burke's delivery
  • To:All
  • 2/17/13
  • 4545_ajd
Anybody seen it, looks so odd. Hey whatever works, Mets really are high on him and think he might make the BP out of Spring Training. Signed him to a minor league deal and immediately put him on their 40 man roster, which is pretty rare.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • bmcneely
Yea I heard the same thing they think he can make the team right out of camp that's why they put him on the 40 man. That is either really good or really bad. Either they have no faith in the other guys they brought in or this kid is really good.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • nutz4pugs

"Yea I heard the same thing they think he can make the team right out of camp that's why they put him on the 40 man. That is either really good or really bad. Either they have no faith in the other guys they brought in or this kid is really good."

The idea of putting him on the 40-man roster right away was to avoid losing him in the Rule 5 draft. That was explained on Mets Spring Training report on SNY Thursday. They said that the Mets heard rumblings that should they not do that, he would be snatched away.

That tells me they like his stuff, because obviously, someone else will be exposed.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • 4545_ajd

" Either they have no faith in the other guys they brought in or this kid is really good"

Lets hope it's the latter. 1.53 ERA in 64.2 innings in the minors last year since changing up his delivery.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • kaztast1c
Do you have any youtube links? I can't find anything. What type of delivery does he have?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • Melo15nym
web.sny.tv/media/video.jsp?topic_id=21536544&content_id=25600967
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • kaztast1c
Submariner...cool. That's how I pitch too. Thanks for the link....both of you :)

Edited 2/17/13   by  kaztast1c
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • 4545_ajd
Lol, he beat me but mine you could click on.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/17/13
  • bmcneely
I already like him better than Hawkins and Atchinson.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548406.11 was deleted
  • 2/17/13
  • kaztast1c

lol...funny.

For real though, I play in a Roy Hobbs wooden bat league for old guys over 30. I pitch submariner style so I really enjoy seeing the guys like Joe Smith and my hero Dan Quisenberry.

• Reply to this Message
Message 548406.13 was deleted
  • 2/18/13
  • 4545_ajd

"I already like him better than Hawkins and Atchinson."

Hawkins I agree, Atchison lets see what he has, the guy had 1.56 ERA in the Majors last year and that is playing in the AL East. The major issue is his injury and whether it will affect him, supposedly he says it's in the past but we shall see, he could end up being an absolute steal if he can duplicate what he did last year.

Edited 2/18/13   by  4545_ajd
  • Reply to this Message