• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Another possibility in pitching
Message 548387.1 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • 86kid
Funny thing is, if things go well with Wheeler, Harvey, Syndergaard, Fulmer, Mejiia, there might not be any room for him whenever he's ready. Lol
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Kranesback
Somebody's going to need to become the "dominant closer."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • MetObserver
That is when trades become more plausible for a stud young outfielder.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • 86kid
Hopefully
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • 86kid
I always felt that Mejia had the stuff and the cockiness on the mound to maybe be a closer at some point. But I'd rather see him get FA shot in the rotation first.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • bmcneely
I like him Mateo and Fulmer better than Syndergaard. At least as far as potential starters . I have a feeling Syndergaard might end up in the Pen.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Kranesback
I have this gut feeling that Harvey will become a HOF caliber closer.
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548387.9 was deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • Gepett0

actually syndergaard has the best chance to stay a starter out of all three of them

he already has 3 pitches that play at the major league level....fulmer is currently a 2 pitch pitcher and mateo, most scouts see as a reliever

there is no way that either is a better prospect than syndergaard....honestly mateo is like our 5th best pitching prospect

it goes:

wheeler
syndergaard
fulmer
montero
tapia
mateo

tapia and mateo are both almost destined to be bp arms

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Gepett0

its pretty crazy , esp if you look at harvey and mejia as part of that group

it would go

harvey
wheeler
syndergaard
fulmer
montero
mejia
familia
tapia
mateo
deGrom

and then you also have guys like robles, cessa, matz, pill, mazzoni, verrett, etc that have some potential

and then some guys like leathersich who are basicall locks to be mlb relievers

the mets pitching depth is the best in baseball

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • TheGMan47
I've heard that Syndergaard still has to work to develop his off speed stuff.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Gepett0

his offspeed stuff is above any of our other a ball pitchers....kieth law is pretty mcuh the only prospect guru in basebal that bad mouths his breaking ball (it was his main reason for ranking him so low, a ranking that was not at all in line w/ the consensus) and truthfully he probably hasnt seen him pitch since he made drastic strides w/ that pitch over the course of the season

honestly, law hates the mets organization....he really does...an im not just saying this...even jays fans were basically writing off the bad ranking synd got to that fact

read this article about laws idiotic ranking of syndergaard ...its a good read

http://blogs.thescore.com/djf/2013/02/05/sanchez-19th-syndergaard-97th-on-klaws-top-100/

but in truth, syndergaard's breaking ball is actually the most advanced 3rd pitch of any prospect in our system not named wheeler w/ the POSSIBLE exception of montero, whose first 2 pitches arent as good as syndergaards

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • njmets80
I'd figure Gorski would of been on that list
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Gepett0
also, even law gives him credit for an above average (at the mlb level) changeup that should only get better and says that his floor is likely a 4 starter
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Gepett0
gorski's ceiling is a left handed dillon gee...he has pat misch written all over him
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • njmets80
yeah but who else we got as a lefty
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Gepett0

no one...but that doesnt make him any good

thats why i laugh at anyone who wants to trade niese....the next guy in the system that is left handed w/ upside is steve matz, who will probably never be healthy enough to achieve that potential

gorski is like the 15th best pitching prospect in our system right now IF that, mostly on the strength of being a lefty in the upper levels w/ the ceiling of a back end starting pitcher...but hes more likely a swing man like hefner but left handed, making him even less valuable than a leathersich type

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • hammr1952
lotta live arms going foward... like it.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • Kranesback
Isn't Syndergaard a lefty?
  • Reply to this Message