• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• Mets organization different
  • To:All
  • 2/16/13
  • piazza5715
this time around. I know as Mets fans we've all heard it before but I can't remember the last time the Mets built the farm system up and also had payroll flexibility. We've always tried to plug holes with over the hill over priced free agents and neglected the farm system. I know except for the Marlins the division is loaded but I truly beleive the Mets have finally built it the right way. I'm ready for some baseball and very optimistic about the Mets future.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • elsid1986

*but I can't remember the last time the Mets built the farm system up and also had payroll flexibility*

Do you really believe they have payroll flexibility simply becasue Fred said so? Everything out of the man's mouth is a lie.

*very optimistic about the Mets future*

Good for you. But sooner or later they have to put up or shut up and stop promising a future.

Edited 2/16/13   by  elsid1986
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • DFAB
The ONLY way I will believe ANYTHING the wilpons say is if they actually DO what they say they will do. We've heard lots of words before and very little action.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • metthunder
and need a lot of action, to continue your post, but luck too that the prospects pan out and those missing OF pieces become available etc and also succeed on a solid core for years to come.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • wrghtknght
I heard the words "payroll flexibility" come out of Alderson's mouth last year. Said it on camera, even. THAT turned out to be a lie from the beginning. I don't expect anything but the same this time around. The standard response to anything the front office says now SHOULD be: "Prove it. Your words mean nothing until your actions consistently back up those words."
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • fargol

" THAT turned out to be a lie from the beginning.'

Who's lie was it?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • MetObserver

"payroll flexibility" Within that statement does it say how much money was available? Because to my knowledge the team didn't capitalize on saving every dollar cut from the payroll. They did spend some money on a few players especially in the bull pen if I remember correctly.

So if he didn't say how much flexibility is that a lie? He may have had only that amount of flexibility. After all the owners are the ones who limit payroll not the GM as far as I know. SA can't spend more than what he is given for the season because he doesn't write the checks.

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • 4545_ajd

"I heard the words "payroll flexibility" come out of Alderson's mouth last year. Said it on camera, even. THAT turned out to be a lie from the beginning"

Doesn't flexibility mean it can go a number of ways?

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • MetObserver
When some hear the word flexibility they automatically go with "We will be outspending the yankees" They when that doesn't happen they cry "lie".
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • thebobymon
Who's on first.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • fargol

"Who's on first."

I don't know ...

• Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • thebobymon