• Welcome Guest
New York Mets

Welcome to the New York Mets.
Before posting, please review our Message Board Guidelines

• First Contact Day
  • To:All
  • 2/15/13
  • AdrianMonk
Who will be pitching? How will you be celebrating?

Edited 2/15/13   by  AdrianMonk
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • HoneyBadger58
I always celebrate First Contact Day, usually with the Picard Maneuver (I hate untucked shirts).
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • MetObserver
Better with a single malt scotch any time.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • thagreat1
I thought this was a thread predicting the day us humans would be visited by aliens formally. If that was the case I'd say August 4th 2041
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • marvelousmarvin
Have we perfected warp drive yet?
  • Reply to this Message
Message 548368.6 was deleted
  • 2/15/13
  • 4545_ajd
The odds of it happening in our lifetime are extremely thin.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • AdrianMonk

That's just silly. Everyone knows First Contact Day is April 6, 2063, when Zephram Cochrane tests the first warp drive engine. The 50th pre-anniversary is rapidly approaching.

Of course, there's the legend that T'Pol's grandmother moved to Earth in 1957, but I've never fully bought that.

Edited 2/15/13   by  AdrianMonk
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/15/13
  • gilforhof
So did I ... go figure. I have it on excellent authority from a Vulcan friend of mine that its already happened. Lady Gaga is living proof of that.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • thagreat1
OUR lifetime?
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • kaztast1c
It doesn't matter, Buck Bucai will just take em deep anyway.
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • AdrianMonk

I agree. The Mets had better draft Bokai when the time comes. By the way, I made a typo above.
First Contact Day is April 5, 2063 (in Bozeman, Montana), not April 6.

I'll be 111.

Edited 2/16/13   by  AdrianMonk
Edited 2/16/13   by  AdrianMonk
  • Reply to this Message
  • 2/16/13
  • MetObserver
Rumor has it that the aliens when they last visited gave the Mayans a calendar and it only ran long enough for them to get back home report and return. So expect some strange visitors soon. They may have transformed into human shapes but will have no real knowledge of anything that is current like sports. I have a suspicion that onabreak may be one of them since he exhibits said lack of knowledge but is still very aggressive.
  • Reply to this Message
Messages 548368.14 through 548368.15 were deleted
  • 2/16/13
  • MetObserver
Like I said he has been away for 5000 years how do you expect him to be up on stuff like that. Thinking that he would is as foolish as he is trying to convince everyone that he knows baseball.
And is annoyed at the Mets for not signing a FO. He doesn't know the difference because it can't be a typo since the A and the O are not too close to each outer on a regulation keyboard. Unless he is still using one from 5000 years ago. The aliens must have had computers back then or at least typewriters. So be careful what you type to him he could zap you with his ray gun. :0)
  • Reply to this Message